Few questions

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 222
ok guys sorry for makin multiple threads... im im very iffy on what setup i want... im gonna be gettin it this summer so i got plenty of time... but i want a nice system and i dont want to do any electrical upgrades... my budget for sub or subs is $280... i either want a single 12 or 2 12" subs... i have an extended cab chevy silverado... but budget for amp is 250... and i mite make the box myself... rite now i have 2 cheap 12" subs in a prfab box with the lanzar mxa 252 amp and my voltage drops when volume is 15+ my radio goes to 32... and the amy is only rated at 600rms and im wonder why the lights dim? could it be becouse i have the amp power wire conected to my fuse box? would it make a difference if i hooked it to the battery?? please help me guys and thanks for reading

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 224
any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1316
hook it to ur battery. that might help. if ur gain is to high u might be clipping and when an amp starts clipping it uses a lot more juice.

if ur looking for a system get the aq1200 and a single 18 fi Q

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2890

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2739

quote:

when an amp starts clipping it uses a lot more juice.

Apple Juice or Orange Juice? I'd sure hate for my amp to steal all my juice

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1751
Me too :-)

1000 rms or more and I'd at least replace the factory battery with a better one. Maybe a used kicker 750.1 and a fi ssd would be a good match.
Is there a limit on mounting depth? Just wondering why not one 15 If possible.

Run your power wire to the battery and see If that helps. They often use 10 gauge to some fuse boxes, without looking I can't say on your vehicle though.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10012
Holy hell, NEVER ever connect an amplifier power wire to a fuse box..... jesus just when I think people can't get any stupider.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 225
ok guys ill try the new batt and now i onyl have room for a single 12 or dual 12's cuz i can only have a 30l box and 15 depth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us