Viper Responder LE Freaking me out!! Please help

Username: 2000vdp

Geneseo, IL

Post Number: 1
I hope someone can help on this. I had the 5701 Responder LE system installed on my 2000 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas about 2 months ago, by a reputable local business. The system seemed to function normally until 2 weeks ago when I raised the steering to the up-most position to clean the carpets. A couple of hours later the car would not function normally what-so-ever. While running it would engage starter when I tried to shift out of Park, error codes were all over the dash, the car would start in the "ON" key position without turning to the "start" position, etc. I took the car back to the installer once I figured out that it was tied directly to moving the steering wheel. The installer seemed to think that moving the steering wheel up so far pulled the wire harness inside the column enough to pull the "relay" onto the only nearby piece of metal, thereby shorting the system out temporarily. He reinsulated the relay and tied it farther away, and could not replicate the freakout. Since that day I have had issues with trying to start the car at all, whether by remote or by key, so I can't rely on it unless I don't shut it off. The starter engages and turns the motor but it seems maybe at a slower rate than normal. Most importantly, it sounds like there is no fuel getting to the motor. Is there a fuel pressure switch built into the viper 5701 or something like it? The battery tests good at CarQuest and it does turn the motor. Once in a while the car will start after cranking for a bit (5 to 10 seconds) I can occasionally hear it fire once but just seems like fuel issue.

Any guidance would be awesome!

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us