Looking for some advice.

Username: Jr96ej

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 1
Hi guys im new to this forum but from reading other random threads you guys definitely know your stuff. so heres my dilemma.
I'm stuck on what i want to do for a new system in my car, its a 96 civic coupe.
i have done low budget best buy systems in the past and i really wanna do it right this time.
my budget is id say at this point about 800 bucks for subs and an amp and ive got the tools to build a box myself just not the knowledge to make it perfect specs wise. Some subs ive been looking at are 2 kicker cvx 12s or 2 audioque sdc2.5 12s .. or possibly just a single 15 inch fi bl .. im more focused on spl with a small mix of sq basically my friend has 2 crappy powerbass 15s in his suv with a crap prefab, i wanna sound better =D, but in a small car if possible and of course i plan on getting a h/o alt as well, thats not included in the 800 i wanna spend on the subs/amp
thanks in advance guys seriously hope this gives enough info =D
and if you dont think those subs are good please critique my decisions i wanna do the best i can within budget and limited space. and oh ya i dont mind not having a trunk anymore haha

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4978
I would have to say with 800. I would go with one 15" possibly a

rd alpha
fi bl
dd 2515
re xxx (04/05)
Tc 3000
AP revo

some more also im sure other people will post then once you pick the sub we can work on a amp but for right now id say you wanna stick to around 1000-1200rms then if it isnt good enough for you we can bump it up higher and add something else but in the back of a civic im pretty sure lol that 2 15's wont fit. So id say stick with 1 15"

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 2
ya i doubt i can stuff 2 15s back there lol 2 12s i know i could .. and do you think that 1 15 would end up being better than 2 12s ?

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudioislikecrack

Post Number: 56
john i own 2 12" cvx's and from my experience i would go with the AQ SDC2.5's instead you will be happier in the long run and if you wanted have the same subs and amp go with the AQ1200

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 3
so now im basically debating between going with the 2 aq sdc2.5s 12s or single 15 fi bl or single 15 rd alpha still unsure though do you guys think performance wise the single 15 would be better ?

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 131
why not a BTL with an AQ1200d? they BTL is more SPL based but i doubt its SQ is horrible

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2633
BTL needs more power.. The BL would be better for that install(if you have to go Fi.)

i have 2 12" sd2.5's i'll let go for 150+ actual shipping

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 4
Well I don't have to go fi really I just was thinking its a good way to go .. Or the aq sdc2.5s and mark thanks for that option I may consider it depending on the outcome .. Im just not sure if one 15 is gonna be able to surpass 2 12s .. I was still thinking about the 15 rd alpha aswell though

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 134
have you looked up sound splinter at all?

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 5
no I've seen sound splinter on a few different sites but I haven't heard anything about them so I didn't really look to be honest

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 19957
SS is an excellent choice.

http://www.soundsplinter.com/

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 6
i think im just gonna go ahead and get the Fi Bl with a few options and the aq1200 do you guys think thats a good choice itll end up saving me a little money for electrical upgrades vs getting the alpha and that amp should push it well right ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us