Ok so what happens?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Post Number: 38
okay if my speakers are bridged down to 6 ohms and my amp is stable at 2ohms. is my amp working harder? is this good for my amp? is it cutting down the wattage? my amp is a rockford fosgat p500-2 if that helps. speakers dont ask LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
actually the amp is stable at 1 ohm and that what i will be bridging it down to sorry.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 19937
Running speakers at a higher OHM load than what the amp is stable at means more resistance through the speakers and less work on the amp. It's when you run your setup at 1ohm when your amp is 2ohm stable you should worry.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2623
The amp would produce less wattage or at least the subs would see less wattage at a higher ohm load. It is perfectly fine for the amp and the amp will be more effiecent.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19941
And what do you mean your speakers are bridged down to 6ohms? What speakers are they and how are they wired?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19942
Sh1t I wasn't supposed to ask.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2625
Rofl..i'm trying to figure out how to get to either 6 ohm or 1 ohm load w/o changing v.c. configuration?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19943
You're not using house speaks are you?

Damn! See, there I go again breaking the thread rules.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudioislikecrack

Post Number: 59
i used to own a p500-2 the one with the chrome caps that come off and mine wasnt 1ohm stable its a 2 channel class a/b amp i had it bridged at 2 ohms before and that was stretch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
no to tell you the truth it is not my setup. it is a friend of mine and he is using two different kinds lets say that lol! hes stupid. i was just wondering
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us