Opinions on 15" Fi Q's

Bronze Member
Username: Poundhardheh

Palmerston, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 100
Hey, the biggest box I can get in my car is 7.9 cubic feet. And I would tune it to 31.8hz.

Would that be a good setup for these subs?

And I'm thinking of powering them with a Kicker 2500.1 or maybe Sundown SAZ-3000

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Also can I expect pretty good SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 839
u will get good low end and good accuracy...but expect for the bass to drop off in the higher end. 7.9cu ft should be fine....u may want to get the bp option if ur gonna throw more then 1000rms on them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Should I maybe tune it a little higher?

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
And also what can 2 15" Fi Q's handle?

Silver Member

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 840
if u get the bp option...1500rms each.
without...1000rms each.

u dont' need to tune the box higher...u need more midbass to pick up where they left off. See the Q's are more of a SQ sub and that is why they dont play the upper frequencies like let's say a BTL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
So would a BL be the best bet to get SPL and SQ or I'm also looking at DD 9515.

Problem is I like the lows but I also want SPL, so I'm lookgin for a SQL sub.

Silver Member

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 841
yah a BL is a good sub. Also looking into RD alpha..i hear they sound good and get loud doing it. before u jump into something....start searching each sub that u may like. Its good your asking questions but there's a million more opinions out there.

also when u get into the 1000rms range of subs...u need to look into your electrical upgrades go with the power u want to run.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
O I know the electrical and shtuff, I'm just wanting to try a new sub. And I'm trying to find something with awesome SQ and lots of SPL. So I'm just doing tons of research!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11140
Hey Mike, what systems have you heard before? What subs, how much power, box type, everything? This can help us determine how loud you are looking for because I have a feeling that 2 Q's would be more than enough for a daily driver for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
I've had a 10w7 in H/O box powered by a 1000.1 than I got careless and blew the sub. So I made a custom box for 12" type X tuned around 32 - 34hz that sounded pretty good. Than I've heard two 12" type r's, 3 Jl 12" w3's, and two Audiobahn flame series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
and I'm looking for something crazy, but something crazy as a Daily Driver, not something crazy as a Comp sub!

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11142
Ahh ok that's legit. Lets see if we can figure this out bud. What did you think of the W7? Did you like the sq of it and what about the spl of it? Are you looking for louder and better sounding? THe Type X is a sq sub, did you like the sound of that sub or are you looking for better? For the Type R, did you like the sq of those subs or are you looking for better? Compare the subs you've heard and give us a guideline almost of what you are looking for specifically because combined, we have heard almost every sub out there lol. Tell us your thoughts of everything you've heard

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Ok first....

Jl 10w7, Not near enough SPL, good SQ though.

Type X, I had it tuned low 30's so it had amazing SQ and I loved the lows, but not enough SPL.

2 Type r's, didn't like at all.

I'm looking for something at least twice the SPL and SQ similar to the Type X.

That's why I have been interested in the 2 15" Fi Q's because they are SQ subs and than 2 of them should put out some damn good SPL!

Username: Twvo

Post Number: 2
yea man thatd be sweet that pound like crazy lol

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11143
I'm gonna do a bit of guessing and talking out of my azz cause I haven't heard all of these subs but I think I've read enough about them to make a pretty educated guess.

To be honest, I think 2 Q's would suit you pretty good. I would also recommend looking into 2 Stereo Integrity Mag V3s. Only thing about those are they are not made anymore, you can find them on forums for $200-$250. They are great subs, I run one right now. You can run a CLEAN 1500rms to each Mag with out killing them. A pair of single spider RD Alphas should suit your needs as well I would think. All three of those subs are geared more toward SQ but are some of the more solid SQL subs you can buy right now. I hate to put more subs into your selection but other subs that you could look into is a pair Audiopulse Revo's. They are pricey but AP makes very nice products and numerous people on here are beyond pleased with their Revo. If you could find a pair of TC Sounds 3000s then that would be awesome too. The DC Sounds Level 4 you are looking at would probably be the louder of the subs mentioned here but you would probably be sacrificing some SQ for it. But for daily driving, I think any of the subs I just listed would be good for you. I'm sure some people will chime in with their opinions on the list I just made and include some other subs but if it were me, this is the list of subs I would choose. And I know the subs I would choose :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
My setup will either be 2 15" Fi Q's or 2 15" DC lvl 4's just cause of the face I can get good deals on both! If I get the DC's I will just tune a little lower to help the SQ. Thank you for all your info!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
What numbers can 2 15" Fi q's put out, or have put out in the past?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1739
depends on install but i would guess in your car with a good box, install and proper power you should be 145+ db on music. maybe 150 on tones in a f@rt box.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2277
I had the 15" Q in a 3.5 @ 32 hz... Basically perfect. Could not have asked for more. And it was on 1500 RMS

So go with your two 15s and throw them on a good 3kw amp and your set.

Username: Twvo

Post Number: 9
What were you hitting with the sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I'm thinking 1 18" Fi Q.

Do you think I could fit 1 in a 97 Cutlass Supreme sedan's trunk?

Also dual 1 ohm or dual 2?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us