Ok, heres my story

Bronze Member
Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 18
So last thursday excatly 1 week ago i had my alpine type x installed with an MRP 1000 amp and the alpine 9887 HU... now the mrp wasn't the amp i purchased but they put it in there until the PDX 1.1000 came in... so yesterday the amp comes in and they install it... after about 45 mins of bumpin to some bass the sub cuts out... i drive it back to the store and tell them WTF!! fix it... so they had to replace all 4 fuses on the PDX 1.1000, so now i'm bumpin again... 2 hrs later no more bass??? so i take it in to the store today and this time its a blown sub??? i'm glad its under warranty and all and it will be replaced but what the hell?? I was pumping that same sub with the MRP 1000 harder than i was with the PDX 1.1000... people describe the pdx 1.1000 as the perfect companion for the type x so whats the deal guys what do u think the problem is???

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2355
What are the settings on the amp and your HU. Chances are bass boost is all the way up along with the gain.

Bronze Member

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 19
bass was about 10/15 on the HU and the gain was set @ 1/3... no reason that sub should have blown neither should the fuses gone...?????????????

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2358
bass boost?

Bronze Member

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
had the hiphop/rap setting on the factory EQ, should i leave it on flat or rock or sumthin?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 892
Its possible that you got a faulty amp. I own a pdx 1.1000 and i have not had one problem with it to date

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 123
If that is indeed basboost at 10/15 then i would let them replace it, and set the gain yourself. Never ever use bassboost, on the HU or the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1442
bassboost is not good... get them to replace the amp and then like Jon said, "set the gain yourself" if you dont know how to then there are plenty of tutorials online that will assist you. DONT USE BASSBOOST. it just causes distortion and a clipped signal.

clipping is bad mmmkay

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23270
i say you were unlucky and got a bad amp like M said. usually when the fuses on the amp goes out then there's something wrong with the amp.

or whoever installed your amp didn't do a good job and possibly the amp wasn't getting enough current.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2463
what chad said could be true but i think if it was the install the MRP should have done the same thing probably was just a faulty amp, it happens that happened to me once with an ED amp but they replaced it under warranty ;)

Bronze Member

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
lol, i guess we will indeed find out if it was a faulty amp, b/c the guys gunna replace the sub and keep the amp in and if the sub blows again, someone owes me another 1... if it happens again i will suggest changing the amp...

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2579
What's wrong with bass boost? It's simply a single-band EQ centered around a lower frequency. But of course, everyone says it's bad so it must be...

If it's clipping hard, turn that $hit down. Common sense...

Hope they get this sorted out for you quickly, man!

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 166
its not ALWAYS fualty amp if the fuses go.

what gauge wire do you have for the amp? because if its too small, thats where the blown fuses could've come from. if its 4 ga. then your good, but anything smaller and there's a possibility that's why.

i blew all the fuses on my RD1000.1 (3 40A fuses) when i had 8 ga. wire, and i knew that was the problem. so i hooked up 4 ga. and its been fine ever since.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us