RMS Double or lower

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Post Number: 35
So i have two DVC 10" subwoofers. both are 2 ohms per coil. 400 WRMS on each woofer. now if i wire them up like in the picture does that make my RMS value double?Upload fo example these are the spec on my amp:
250 WATTS X 1 @ 4 OHM BRIDGED

500 WATTS X 1 @ 2 OHM BRIDGED

1000 WATTS X 1 @ 1 OHM BRIDGED
what would be the suggestion? now i can get my subs down to .5 ohms but my amp will not go that low and will work too hard i figure. or should i get a two channel?? so i guess my question is is what is the best way to wire this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 118
When using multiple subwoofers you take the rms of both of the woofers and add them. You need an amp that does ~800@ 2 ohms. The kicker zx750.1 comes to mind. I would not get a 2 channel because they are class A/B and are less efficient than a class D amplifier. It would be hard to find an amplifier that would run at .5ohms for that little power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i would like a rockford fosgate amplifier. which would you reccommend?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2352
he just said, kicker ZX750.1, which is what i would suggest too.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 445
get the kicker or get DVC 4ohm subs

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1727
You'll get 250w per sub with your current amp. If you HAVE to have an RF either the p1000-1bd or the T10001bd would work well, but they probably won't give you much more power than your current amp since they are optimized for 1 ohm.

What amp do you have now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
i have a t1000 now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us