Morel HCW8 Cracking Sounds

Username: Dolemon

Post Number: 1
Dear Everyone,

My HU is a Sony MEX-DV2100....my I'm using a pair of Morel HCW8 Shallow mount 8 inch driver....i intended this to be a subwoofer....and I'm using an Orion XTR 900.2 to drive both sub...The HU got 6 outputs....and i connected the Orion XTR to the Sub out of the HU and sets my LPF and HPF at 80Hz on the HU and 85hz on the orion...and sets my orion to run through the LPF

The problem is whenever i play a songs with bass...the speaker start playing but with a cracking sounds...though the gain is set to not even 1/4 of the gain....the left channel got more cracking sounds then the right channel...i can raise the right channel gain to almost half before start hearing the cracking sounds....

I did all the possible combination i can think off and the amp start to get hot....sometimes the cracking gone...the speaker moving but no sounds....please i need help...thankss...

Oh btw i did tried connecting the HCW 8 to a Monoblock amp, Blaupunkt GTA 1305 and it sounds good...not even a cracking sounds coming out....is it the problem with my orion? but the orion amp got lots of settings...i think i might have sets the setting incorectly...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us