Battery

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3072
My car has been in storage this whole school year and my dad told me the battery is dead as a doornail. What would be the best value starting battery for my jeep. I know most people like Kinetiks and Optimas. Which would be the best battery to replace my starting one with? My dad was just going to buy one from the dealer, so however much that would run is the budget. 100 bucks? more?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1734
do you mean the dealership? if thats the case - i would not do that...they r@pe people on prices

i would get the biggest you can fit.

kinetik
powermaster
odyssey
optima

to name a few

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23258
you gonna be running a big system? if not i am really liking the optima red top.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3503
Going to the dealer ftl

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9946
Optima is one of the worst batteries. Very weak compared to the other aftermarkets.

I would run an odyssey for durability as a main battery, but there are other goood powerful batteries, kenitik, powermaster, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1736
Had optimas for a while, I'm really glad I switched to powermaster. Either one will be better than stock.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3073
No, i know dealers rip people off, but he prefers to take the cars there, but they are his cars so it's his decision, but i mean, my dad was just gonna go to the dealer and buy a battery, but i figured he'd be getting ripped off there for a sh!tty battery, so i told him i would just order one.

So basically, i'm asking what does a typical starting battery run? and what kind of battery could i get for that budget.

I have a DD M1 and a DDC2, but I'm not going bigger than that.

I was just looking for suggestions on the best batteries on the market for the price. I was thinking a kinetik, but then i thought i read somewhere they weren't the most reliable battery if I was going to use it as my starter. so odyssey's are probably the best as a main battery?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9949
what vehicle is it for ad I'll find you the right size battery

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3074
2000 jeep cherokee limited xj (not grand cherokee) with the inline-6 engine

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3075
up

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 415
I agree with what has been said about optimas in this thread. I have a yellow top and have not been impressed with it at all.

As for battery size I would just measure the available space and get the biggest that would fit.

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 17
batcap is a great battery to look at.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3076
kinetik suggested a hc1400, overkill? too pricey?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3077
bump

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9956
according to autozone it needs a size 34

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500t.htm

Username: Okbuynowcom

Post Number: 5
Real excellent product with good function. I bought it three months without any problem till now. I like it so much.

And I know many other good products recently, introduce them to you here:

cell phone watch, Hiphone Cell Phone, Hiphone Tri-band TV Phone, Unlocked XPhone , Unlocked XPhone Tri-band, Unlocked XPhone Dual Sim Card , Hiphone I9 , Hiphone I9 Dual Sim Card , Hiphone I9 Quad Band Cell Phone , S689 Tri-band TV Cell Phone, EPHONE M8 , EPHONE M8 Quad Band Dual Card, TV Cell Phone - Bar Phone (Black), 588 TV phone, 588 TV phone Dual sim Dual standby, Super F698 TV Phone, Hiphone XPhone Tri-band, Silver color XPhone , P168S Hiphone , P168S Hiphone Tri- Band Dual Sim Card Cell Phone, Unlocked XPhone Tri-band , Hiphone A6 Quad Band
All can find at www.okbuynow.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us