Need More Wattage?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Post Number: 13
Well this is to all rockford Fosgate owners. or somone who has experenced these machines!lol. so i have two rockford fosgate P310D2 in a bandpass enclosure. Now i bought a Fosgate P500-2 it is a 2 channel 500 MAX amp. now bridged to two ohms to my subs that are also at 2 ohms. the RMS for my subs is 400W and my amp is rated for 250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohm. IS THIS ENOUGH TOO HIT!! or do i need more? do you think it will push well with no OL?

Advice???

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1729
I never plan on running RF. It wont max the subs out- a more powerful amp would be louder- but sound should definitely come from them. Enclosure will be the determining factor imo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6280
i'd suggest a stronger amp.. please tell me this is not just some prefab bandpass that i think it is

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
prefab?????Upload

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2300
def. a prefab. trash it and make a new box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
open face box? i like the versatility of bandpass. what should i put in. pictures??? thanks Snow

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7295
The title of this thread should have been:

"Need new box?"

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2301
you could build the box by yourself. Pretty easy if you have the tools.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
so you saying i should go open face or stay enclosed?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2374
What do you mean by "open face" and "versatility of bandpass?"

IMO I think you would be much better off with a standard ported (aka vented or bass reflex) enclosure.

Don't run that amp with those subs, from the way it sounds like you have it wired you will blow that amp. Is each sub wired to 1 or 4 ohms?

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2304
are you meaning ported and sealed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
well look up versatility. and i actually have a bass reflex in my basement i will try it this is how its wired still think i will blow the amp?Upload

Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 5
If you do not have the means for a new box you could re seal the one you have and re tune it also by changing the port length.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2307
the box is sh*t. just trash it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9924
Ah Ha! Now we know where all your problems are coming from.

bandpass boxes = crap, no two ways about it

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2592
ROFL

WOW!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2593
but it has "arrow ports" LMFAO!

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2386
I don't recommend running those amps bridged @ 2 ohms. I actually had a p600.2 @ 2 ohms bridged (was using a 12" P3) and blew it in less than 5 min after installing it lol. The best amp I could recommend off the top of my head for your subs is a kicker zx750.1

Bandpass enclosures are picky, they must be within close spec of the drivers you are using. You have a pretty basic 4th order bandpass box, so yes you might be able to tweak the box to make it better suited for your application, but you would most likely be better off with a different box. If it was me I would just stick with a standard 4th order bass reflex.

I'm still confused on what you mean by "versatility of bandpass" as they don't seem very versatile IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
thanks donnie but i would like to keep it fosgate to match my subs because of my little case of OCD. so you think i should go to a P1000-1bd 1000 Watt rockford. 250W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS
500W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS
1000W x 1 @ 1-Ohm RMS

and if so how do you reccommend i hook it up?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2388
An ideal amp would be one that does 800w @ 2 ohms (or 0.5 and 8 ohms). The only rockford amp that would work provide adequate power is be the p850.4. But the efficiency would be horrible, and it is a very impractical amp for a subwoofer setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
so are you saying 800 watts RMS going to them because they are only rated for 400 RMS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
and would the bigger fosgate be a better choice than what i have now? and also do you blow a fuse or the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i am bidding on a ROCKFORD FOSGATE T500-1BD as we speak. you will think that will do the trick???

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2390
I'm not sure what they put out @ 2 ohms, but I don't think you would get full potential. And yes I'm saying 800w rms because they are 4oow a piece.

You will probably keep blowing fuses running @ 2 ohm bridged. But it is still hard on the amplifier none the less.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
well change of plans i bought a T600-2 i hope it works it is 300wRMS @ 2 ohms better? you also had 12"s right and i have tens thanks donnie

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1553
You keep picking the wrong amp.

Just get a T10001BD. They state 750wrms @ 2ohms, but it will do more. And it leaves some headroom for a future setup. These amps do up to 1,300wrms @ 1ohm.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2391
"well change of plans i bought a T600-2 i hope it works it is 300wRMS @ 2 ohms better? you also had 12"s right and i have tens thanks donnie"

The size will have nothing to do with how the amp performs. It's whatever impendance the amp see's that will dictate how it performs.

The T600-2 should work if it's 2 ohm stable bridged. Those amps are under rated as well so expect to see more power. Let us know how it works out.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1289
just sell everything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us