OT:laid off

Silver Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 309
got laid off from my job at sams club i made $9.20 an hour. recently just graduated from high school, where u guys work, hopin it can give me an idea of where to start applying.

got any ideas of were to apply let me know itll be appreciated emensley

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2009
dont feel bad i got laid off 2 weeks ago.

Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 4
Mn is pretty good as far as finding employment.

If you go to your local reemployment center they have pc stations that you can use and they have a ton of job listings.

It asks you a few questions and then it will give you some suggestions.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 19903
What makes it harder for the masses looking for work is the massive surge of white collar employees suddenly unemployed also looking. They're flooding the market along with everyone else. Even if it's just flipping burgers or driving a truck all those college degrees are going to get the jobs first. (Mostly).

I have to say myself if I were looking for an employee and my candidates were:

A) 23 year old immigrant
B) 19 year old fresh out of HS.
C) Pregnant at any age.
D) Without even a GED.
E) Without a DL.
F) Smoker.
G) Burdened with a criminal history.
H) 35 year old, married with kids (teenage), college degree, home in the burbs, recently let go from his 15 year position within a fortune 500 company because of budget cuts.

No brainer who starts Monday.

Yes that may be discrimination but it's also what happens every day. The US is not short of talent anymore and ALOT of ppl are forced to push their pride to the side to make ends meet. Have you looked on Craigslist lately? Ppl in general are selling everything they have. Family heirlooms, their electronics and jewelry, even their pets!

You ask yourself when it's going to stop. When will the bankruptcies and foreclosures subside and when will I be able to land that career with benefits?

There are a lot of mouths to feed and sadly the largest mouth in the nest gets fed first. You know who they are. Once their tummies are full of the "Bailout" you'll see it start to filter down. It already started with the bank bailout.

Damn why do you guys let me rattle on like this? It's getting embarrassing.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2587
agreed^^^^

lol j/k Always useful info

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1667
Paul is speaking truth

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 786
That sucks,our hours got cut so im only working 6 hours and a bunch of other people were laid off. Hopefully i will be one if the lucky ones and keep my job tru this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us