Help me pick a sub

Username: Feint

Japan

Post Number: 2
Hi all,

I have been doing alot of research and reading, it now comes to the time of making a decision and finding it hard.

I haven't heard any of these subs, as I am not able to.

I am looking firstly for SQ, SQ-L if possible, mainly SQ. Sealed box between 25-35L. I have 1000w RMS Class D mono so power is no issue.

-IDQ12D2 V3
-IDMax10 D2 V3

My dilemma right now is, the IDmax cost more than the IDQ, however I have read that they play just as loud as each other. Power difference is 500w, but if there isn't much difference, is it worth going the IDMax over the IDQ? I am more interested in how different they sound, any comments?

I have ruled out the others like JL w6, boston G5, Diamond D6 due to shipping issues. However, if they are considerably better than the ID, then I will need to re-think my options.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2558
edit: wrong thread

Japan

Post Number: 6
anybody?? any opinion or thought on IDQ vs IDmax is welcome!!

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 846
I have not tried the newest IDQ, but have read from reputable sources that they are a strong step up in output from the prior version. But either driver is a very good choice in sound and output. Only thing is you have 1000 watts, might not be worth the risk to send that much power to the IDQ when the IDMAX can handle it fine.

Japan

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the comments!

Username: Haffiz_abdul

Post Number: 9
check out my site, i got some good ones, http://www.ezelectronixshop.com

Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 8
check out hertz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »