Please Help New To Car Audio

Username: Ironjudas

Post Number: 2
Hey Guys!! I Have A Problem With My New System....

I Have A 1100 Watt alpine Amp With One 12 in. Alpine Sub In The Back...

The Sub Is Not Pounding Like It Should... Tho It Does Sound GREAT But its Not Pounding Very Hard.

I Was Told I Had Two Options...

One Option Was To Get A bigger AMP... But I Feel As Tho My 1100 Watt Amp Should be PLENTY To Bang The Hell Outa That 12 In. Sub......

They Then Told Me That My Deck Had An "issue" And If It Was Replaced It Would Hit Litterly 3 Times Harder...

But I LOVE My Deck, 6 disk Changer And It Just Looks incrediable In My Mustang.... ALSO If i were to get a New Deck They Told Me It Would Disable The Two 8in Subs Inside The Car... But Those Also Sound GREAT.....

Idk What To Do....

Im A Pizza Delievery Guy Here In The State Of Washington so Money is a HUGE Issue... I already Spent 700 Dollars On This System.... But It Bothers Me That I Am getting No where Near The potential Of The Equipment I Bought!!??

WHAt Do I Do?????

Thank You!

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1550
What model amp, sub, and HU? Also what type of enclosure is the sub in? We need more details.

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 26
Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

Bronze Member
Username: Terra

Post Number: 28
Where in Washington? I'm in Seattle

Post Number: 4
Idk Im Just Kinda Ocd About Capitalizing Haha And Im In Vancouver :-)

Ohh Geeze lol Well The Box Was Done Professionally at a shop here in vancouver, BUT Its A Alpine Amp, 1100 Watts And Idk The Type Of Alpine Subs, I think R??? Idk Im sorry lol

The Guy Said Its Not Getting Proper Power. My Amp Or Sub Or Whatever Is Only Getting 1/8th Of a Volt....

So He Said With A New Deck He Would Turn Off The Two 8's That Came With The Car, And Add Power To The Amp... But Idk,, Does That Make Since?? Can You Dumb It Down For Me? lol

Thanks alot guys!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19874
An 1/8th of a volt??????

Bronze Member
Username: Terra

Post Number: 29
Maybe the pre outs on the deck suck?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23241
so its connected to your factory stereo?

Post Number: 5
Idk, But He Said If I Replaced The Deck I Would Get Litterly 3 Times The Punch Out Of That 12,... but Doing So Would Disable The Two 8's I Have In The Door, Which Sound Great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us