Got a new car

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 873
93 buick lesabre custom 83k miles, $2,300

so now i need a system

first problem that i saw was no speakers in the doors just front and rear dash.

so for now im thinking about using 6x9's i already have for rear fill ( jl tr ) and get the ID 4x6's. hook those upto my already existing 9851 ( until i upgrade ).

after that my frist upgrade will be alternator...goin for the biggest possible

2nd some sort of sound damping material, reccomend me one?

after that 2 new batteries, 1 for the front and more than likely 3100 for the rear.

now its time for the amp, thinking 3000-4000 watts...so sundown 3500d, RF t4k, would love a jbl crown.

with so many subs on the market its hard to narrow down the choices, so what do you recomend for 1.5-2k per sub, pretty decent sized trunk

after all that a new HU and door pods for some 6.5's

sound good?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9835
You've got the same situation my truck had and it ain't a good one..... what ever you do with the dash speakers it will sound like crap. No midbass at all since the speakers are not enclosed, and just a bad place for speakers to start with.

I busted out the hacksaw and put speakers in the doors.

Nexyt problem, HO alternator is needed for that huge amount of power.... but you're lucky there, DB Electrical makes cheap good ones for GM cars.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19855
I remember putting in a pair of 8" speaks in the sides of my 1984 regal. WOW was that ghetto. 2 hours in the summertime inside a hot azz car with a pair of tin snips. Just so I could try to save the space for a box.

Yeah. Super mega fail.

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
anybody else like to share an opinion

Silver Member
Username: Dlavante

D&L Designs, Daniel USA

Post Number: 176
holla for the Booik Lesabre.. im pickin up a nine fowe lesabre next week... im gonna keep the system somewhat simple in mine tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 875
anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 61
you could go with one or 2 fi q 15s, they run about 1000 wrms so you would get great bass with your 2k your looking for
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us