Noise/vibration damper

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 22
Was wondering what some of you guys use or if it is really worth it.

I watch some video's that people post on youtube and there sh*t seems like more rattle than bass I just want to lesson that as much as possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1279
its really helps. depending on what rattles. i put a bunch on my roof and my roof didn't flex as much and i got half a db louder. depending on the set up it may make a big difference or maybe not a big difference at all. i have spent way to much money on hushmat... it helped some but idk if it is worth the money thati paid. i ended up using fiberglass resin on all my door panels then go over it with hushmat.
some things it wont help is small things that rattle because i raelly can't put hushmat on mirrors, handles and stuff like that... but usually if u have it all over ur handles and stuff wont rattle

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1280
if ur looking for some.. hushmat is thicker than dynamat... fatmat sucks it doesn't stay on and its thin.
i have extra hushmat ill sell u really cheap. i spend like 700 bucks on bulk packs of it

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 23
Yeah well my thought was to install first and see which spots I have the most problems with and go from there. Anyone else got some input?

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 24
Yeah well my thought was to install first and see which spots I have the most problems with and go from there. Anyone else got some input?

Here's something kinda funny I called car toyz in Austin, TX and they said to line an Explorer with dynamat it would be $6000

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2235
good price.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1720
you could spray the inside of your car with rhino liner for less than that.

I got a quote for $3600 so do the unside of my car. and thats with then masking everything off. i just needed to do all the removal of the interior.

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 25
I'm understanding then that it is good to get something put it?

Granted I'm new to this whole thing but I called a couple of other places and $6000 didn't seem like a good price but if that's the case then I'm getting some good deals on dynamat from other places.

But I'm not worried about price not the issue quite yet. I just wanted some opinions and personal experiences with other stuff that people have used.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2237
i was kidding. I wouldnt pay 6 grand. I'd say just do it yourself and take your time.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2721

quote:

fatmat sucks it doesn't stay on and its thin

wtf are you even talking about lol? Fatmat is pretty decent for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 423
if you have a trunk car i'd put an additional set of weather stripping down. it makes a big diff, but it can mess up the open mechanism, then expanding foam in hard to reach places, just make sure you dont cover up bolts and nuts.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2242
dont take his advice.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 424
so ur sayin the doesnt work?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1281
i think the reason they said 6 grand was not beacuse the matt cost that much but the time it takes to take everything apart... still WAY high though

i mean there is not that much to know about it. the more the better pretty much. but it does cost a lot.
i have hushmat if u want some and i also have some other that is thicker but it is more foamy like. works GREAT! it is actually the same stuff they use on the bodys on the bigger plans... i got the hook up on that!. but its so thick some places its kinda hard to put back togather

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 27
I have an SUV so no "trunk" either way. Ill probably just end up doing it myself then, it's not a serious issue so like you said Snow I can take my time. Ive never tried taking panels off of any car so that will be the hardest part for me to figure out.

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1120
I put some second skin damplifier in the doors of one of my cars when I put in my components and the doors dont rattle or make any unneccesary noise and I only put down 1 layer and doubled up in a few places

also I guess I'll go ahead and say it, second skin stuff is real easy to work with and sticks well

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14747
short answer - makes a day\night better difference ...just do it ! ....

Bronze Member
Username: Terra

Post Number: 27
Second Skin is by far the best deadener that I have used..

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11102
If you got the dough, I vote Second Skin. It's not cheap though.

I'll be using Raamat here in my next install. I've read mixed reviews on it but it seems pretty legit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us