Need some advice

Username: Listos

Post Number: 1
i have never done anything with car audio till now. i bought a kicker solo baric 10" L5 truck enclosure subwoofer that is 450 wrms and 900watt max. also got a kicker zx300 300 watt amp. and a decent alpine headunit. i figured this would be fine for me but after having it all hooked up, i am not happy. the sub isnt bumping like i wanted. i want my whole body shaking so i cant feel myself breathing lol. I am assuming its my amp, not enough power. I could use some advice though before i go blow a few hundred dollars again and find out its a waste. so should i go out and buy a 1000 watt amp ? should i get a new subwoofer also ? i have a mazda 626 01'.

Username: Craudi0

Post Number: 7
if you arent getting a new sub right away, i would get a kicker zx750.1. its underrated and puts out about 900rms. therefore if you ever upgrade your sub, you have 900 rms to work with. you can get a 06zx750.1 for like $225ish on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 131
What voice coil does it have. also the most important part of a subwoofer setup is the enclosure. You can have an amazing subwoofer, and in the wrong enclosre it will do very poorly.
So what are the specs of your box? Volume? ported or sealed? and if ported what frequency is the port tuned to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us