My setup

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 55
Ok i finally got my subs (4 kicker cvr 12's) and built my boxes and everything. 4 boxes all 14 high 17 deep and 16 wide. My ports are 2 by 17 and a online calc said it was tuned to 35 hertz. I only have 2 in right now because im finishing an amp rack and some neo trim to make it look nice. With the 2 in my old box it sounded really nice, but with these new boxes it seems to hit like mid notes nice and low notes not so hot. I have a swiss audio 1000 watt mono D powering them, and was wondering if anyone had any tuning tips for me to make it hit lows better. Any help would be appreciated and not so much baggin on my system would be nice too seeing as i have no job and cant afford high end subs. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2752
Well once the boxes are built the tuning process is kind of finished. You can't really change without redoing the boxes.

BTW...why the separate boxes? Seems rather strange to me.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2208
Yeah I dont really get why you would do 4 seperate boxes. pictures?

Bronze Member

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 56
its so i have room for my fiberglass amp rack, i have a space issue in the trunk is all

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 415
interesting, it seems like one big box would be smaller and give you more cubes

Bronze Member

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 57
well one big box wouldnt fit into the trunk opening. the area that all 4 take up with they are all together in a big box shape would never fit as one big box. i have 3 in now and im very satisfied, but when i play it loud theres a loud slapping noise and i cant tell what it is, has anyone had this problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us