Swapped Head Units, No sound from in car speakers

Username: Gman3283

Owosso, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I recently swapped out a newer Dual motorized head unit for an older JVC head unit with all the same features as my Dual. All of my speakers worked with my Dual, and I was more than pleased with it. I wired my JVC identically to how my Dual was set up and the only sound coming from it is my sub-woofer output. Absolutely nothing is being put out by my in-car speakers, and this is stumping me big time! According to the wiring diagram, it is wired correctly, yet my sound is very poor quality due to my only output being my 4 subs. Any clues as to what my problem is?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1594
wiring diagrams and hookups from 2 diff brands and 2 diff units will always be different , so ether the internal amplifier of the headunit is blown or the positive and negitive are switched on ur speaker wiring.

Username: Howie5500

Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 1
I have similiar problem! i want to fix this so my six car speakers and 2 subs can all work together. I have a Panasonic CQ-C5110u that I took out of my '94 bmw530i wagon and is probably broken because it says adjust when its off. but it turns on hmmm.. I am putting in my Dual head unit instead because it is MP3 compatible.they are both motorized. They both work now, but neither power any car speakers. Any suggestions?? havent checked if they power the subs yet. The panasonic worked when i bought it because it came with the car, and I checked the wiring colors like 3 times and physically matched the pos and neg wire colors. I cut the factory harness off and hardwired it, but a guy at radioshack said that could be the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us