((((Does size Matter?))))

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 560
Ok, I am getting ready to buy a sub box and need a little advise! I have a TREO SSX 15.11 and its going in the trunk. I want to compare these 2 boxes, I found a 3.0cu.@ 35hz or should I go with the 4.0cu. @ 32hz and I don't think he is crazy about Sound Quality! I think that comes with age!lol but anyway he has the factory speakers up front with no amp, only the 40x4 the Pioneer HU puts out for now, I bought him some Memphis 6x9's but they havn't arrived yet! He needs a set of the 3.5's for the dash but he is just thinking about using the 6x9's in the rear window deck and skipping the 3.5's in the dash and just putting tweeters in there. In the trunk he has an Optidrive 2000d .5 stable supposed to be anyway, he will only have the factory alt. and only has 4gauge wire.. Now he is on a budget he will probably have 250 left after his 6x9's get here, please what should his next step be? I ran a decent sounding system on 4gauge, I know its loosing its potential but thats what hes got! ANY SUGGESTIONS

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9787
DO NOT run that amp on 4 gauge wire.

Unless you like blowing fuses. Or melting wire if you were dumb enough to put too big a fuse in or none at all.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2536
sooooo many thing wrong with OP IMO. To each his own, I guess.. Should have asked for advice a lot earlier in this build/install.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9799
Yea that post is a giant fail... I just posted the most critical thing

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 561
well, what should be done? I am going to get him some 0 gauge found some this morning I have a distribution block that will convert the 0 to 4 so the amp will take it. We havn't started this build yet just buying components! I bought Daniel Bonham's SSX for my son and I guess I will get the 4.0cu @32hz encloser got the Memphis 6x9's coming, hell I thought we were doing good and would get some helpfull advice! now it is up to the EXPERTS to help us out! I was going to get the guy at Extreme Car Audio of knoxville,TN to run the 0gauge and just hook the amp up, said about 175...I can probably do it, but I don't think I could do it neatly and under the carpet or how ever they do it! We have a red top optima that should help a little, but with 200 left what should we be getting next? or we can put this on hold another 2-3weeks and save another 100 or 2, so help a feller out! Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14742
i wud get the bigger 4cuft box - even though its tuned low it shud still be enough loudness , u can always trim off about 2" from the port length to get it louder if necessary ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us