System in truck bed vs.

Bronze Member
Username: Mcdstvn

Palm Coast, FL United States

Post Number: 22
in the cab?

I've had different people say different things about it, I just wanted some more opinions?

Bronze Member
Username: Terra

Post Number: 24
It has to be inside the cab..unless you want the world to hear you.

Unless you're doing a blowthrough.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3589
the bed obviously has a lot more space, allowing for larger sized drivers, or multiple subs, i.e. 4 12"s or something of that nature. if you're doing a blowthrough, which I assume is what you're asking about, it will generally be a lot louder than just the enclosure being in the cab.

Silver Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 163
blowthrough???

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2203
google man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
blowthrough, I'm the same one who blew two subs on a little amp because the boxes I had to have were shitty because there wasn't enough room for proper ones.

I'm on my way to look at a topper today for the bed of my truck, I just wanted to make sure I'm doing something worthwhile.

Bronze Member
Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 54
This is what blow through means. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/blow-through-build-log-291662/

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9786
A cut through is only for someome with very good fabrication skills to attempt..... and putting a system in the bed without one.... yea why dont you see how that works

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1663
deff need a walkthrough or blow throught with the appropriate topper. I have my system in my ext cab and my buddy has a blowthrough they both sound great only diff to me is that you can hear him coming farther away which is not one of my goals. I havent heard a walkthrough before but prob the same deal.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3557
Wall the cab. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6264
this guy just needs to pay someone to do it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I am paying someone to do it, there's a parts dealer/installer. I've already talked to him about pricing etc, he's got a legit business he's already put in some mtx speakers for me.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1664
is he using a plasma cutter or just a circ saw?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Most likely circular, I was in the shop and didn't get the FULL tour but didn't see a ton of metal working tools around.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2541
i would ask for pics of previous similar installs from your local guy.... I would not let just anybody try that. iA local guy around here has a blow through but he o0nly enters port wars w/it.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2542
just curious, you were the one with the jensen amp? What kind of truck? what system are you planning on running?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
2000 Nissan Frontier, all stock electric etc., minus the speakers.

I'm getting all new stuff, sold the old amps, and if anyone want's a bum 10 willing to pay shipping you can have it. If you can get it to work again then my mistake giving it up haha.

I'm thinking about 2 12 DD's in the back, I don't want anything MONSTROUSLY loud, bout I'd like to get some attention. As for particulars, I'm looking around right now since I'm only just getting the topper hopefully this week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us