Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 999
how do you do this...

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1662
hold it on your shoulder, rock slowly and pat on its back then let the magic happen

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1092
lol

you use a test tone which is a freq, you find your peak freq with a freq sweep, this is your peak freq which is your loudest freq, and burp

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1708
when you go to a comp they will run a sweep the first time so you can find your 'peak' freq. Then when you are actually getting metered you will have 30 seconds to hit the highest score. You're supposed to then use that peak frequency for a few seconds at a time.

Since you'll be draning your electrical system you really only need to hold the note for 2-3 seconds if that to get the score. Then pause to let your car recover. That was a burp, which you will have time/want to do a few per session.

I would try 'burping' 5hz above and below what they say is your peak. I had some people tell me my car peaked at 52hz. I burped 153. I switched to a 32hz note and bam- 155. With experience you will get to know where your vehicle responds best- just suggestiong not to trust the guys running the meter. They don't know everything either :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11098
A 155 at 32hz Troy? Fukking sh1t that's sweet man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1709
W 10kw on the 4 18s. Never could get the voltage to sit right to turn it up more. I really miss it.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2530
wait... 52 hz was peak then you tried 32 hz. that is 20 hz difference, isn't it. your said to try +/- 5 hz. am I missing something?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1095
lol yeah me too???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1710
Each vehicle has more than one peak. Generally 2 or 3. I did better with the lower one. My wifes car showed it peaked at 42, but after actually burping it and testing it did best at 45hz.

I was trying to make the point that just because you're supposed to peak at one frequency that low volume sweep doesn't take voltage drop, compression or many other factors into account. I was just trying to tell him to try more than what shows as his peak from the sweep.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2537
Thanks for the explaination.. I need a TL in the worst possible way.. My neighbors are lucky that I don't own one............Yet.. lol

Anyone know where I can get a used one at a relly good price? fairly soon..

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1000
ok so basicaly i dont turn anything up on my eq i just leave it all alone? or do i turn the bass up on it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1711
Mark- I've got a budy selling his for 500, I don't know if that's a fair price or not, do you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us