Box design help please

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 204
ok guys im gonna get get 12" alpine type r subwoofers... im gonna make the box myself can someone make me a blue print.... also idk if im gona have the subs face up or not... will that have anything to do with where the port goes?? ill prolly just face them toward my back seat... but if you could it would help alot if i have a basic blue print or a pic with some dimensions.... im using the back of my 98 silverado to put the box

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 205
also if you don't want to make me a blueprint could u tell me a program that will make boxes that will tell my cubic feet and port specs and all that?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11315
http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 208
can someone go to the link above and type in these dimensions and tell me if the box will be good for 2 type r's

width: 30"
Height: 16"
top & Bottom depth: 19"
wood thickness: .75"
square port width: 3.25"
square port length 2: 9"

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2525
do it yourself and post results.. That is how YOU learn.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 209
results of what?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 210
i did put in thoes demensions its just idk if that box will be perfect for thoes subs

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudioislikecrack

Post Number: 22
look at rovins review of the single type r he has a part where he talks about tuning and how many ft3 it is in n how it sounds.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11316
So you know how much port you need. You calculate a round ports area by multiplying half the width and half the height by 3.14 ex. one 4 inch port would be 2x2x3.14=12.56 square inches of port. Then you add up the area of all your ports and from that you know how to make a slot port.

Dont forget to figure in the amount of space each port takes up. ex. length times width times height times 3.14 divided by 1728.

Use linearteams vent mach as your guide to how much port you need. From my exp. dont let it go higher than .10 vent mach.

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=ventcalculator

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 211
sean u comfused me lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11317
I cant put it much simpler. As far as cubic feet your box will be you multiply length times width times depth divided by 1728. ex.

width: 30"
Height: 16"
top & Bottom depth: 19" external but you would take off 1.5 inches of each of those measurements since you want internal measurements minus the .75 mdf times two.

so 28.5 wide 14.5 high 17.5= 7231.875 divided by 1728= 4.1851 cf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us