Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1

Charles B
Just bought two of the above. New to car audio. Looking for the right amp to push them. I have been told that since these are 4 ohm loads, I would need a 2 ohm mono amp. Is this true? The RMS on them is 350 a piece. Just looking for opinions o best amp to use...

Ok wire the subs in parallel to get one 2 ohm load. Then buy and amp that when bridged is 2 ohm stable. If you can afford it try to get an amp that has an rms of around 700 when bridged. Stay with brands like rockford, kicker, alpine, soundstream, orion, ph. gold, audiobahn etc.

hey i basically have the same question i also recently bought 10 inch kappa perfects and am pretty new to car systems. i have a excursion 600 watt amp its pushes them pretty hard but from what ive herd they should go harder. and the subs were already in a box when i bought them but the box had no air ports and i thought that all subs needed air ports should i put air ports? will this help my sound or bass?

aZnPb33f
Hey omar,
It would be better if you bought a bandpass box with airports, it would make it sound better. But if your box doesn't have air ports, then you should put one. The bandpass boxes makes the sound wave bounces of the glass and exits the airports. Since you have the sealed box, adding a airport would help anything...

hey aznpb33f,
if the box is designed for the subs as a sealed box and he ports it that they will sound horrible. If the box is about .65 cubic feet per sub that leave it. You better off making sure you have the amp set up right, and is the amp 600 watts rms or peak. I am running 2 I.K.P.s with a JBL P600.1 and for the money this is the most amazing amp out there. The sound quality is just as impressive as the huge power.
I paid under $200 dollars for myt amp new and it simply pounds the snot out of the perfects.

dude
hell yeah them jbl amp rock , good amps with the true wattage

The perfects sound best in a sealed .65-.75 cubic foot box, If you wanted to go ported, then you'll need to almost double the enclosure size... adding ports (used toliet paper rolls) to the exsisting .65 cubic ft box will
a. make the internal volume SMALLER. and
b. sound like CRAP.... PERIOD.

As for bandpASS boxes.. I'm not sure that Infinity recommends them... They tend to mask problems and lower power handling capabilities (so do ported boxes) But... If your into subs that only produce the frequency the ports on a bandpASS provide (usually tuned at 40hz) then by all means... ruin what the artist intended it to sound like :)
below is a link to all the info you'll ever need about connecting speakers.
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/connectingspeakers.htm

Am I opininated about bandpASS boxes or what:)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us