Alternative to POLK SR6500

Username: Physalis

ChennaiIndia

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am about to buy a new set of components... I haves decided on Polk SR6500.. Heard lot of good about them, but they are highly priced 500$, So I want to make sure thats the right choice..

If there is any better component, which is priced less than Polk SR6500..I dont want to go for Polk. my budget is 400$-500$...cant go beyond 500$..So guys I need your advice on selecting a good component..

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 745
A set of CDT ES-62i's would do very well for you and currently be less expensive than the Polk set. It should also get a good bit louder than the Polk set. Have a look here: http://cdtgold.com/es62i.htm

Standard cost is $800, but email me at mike@exigeaudio.com and I can work out a price in your budget for you :-)

Username: Physalis

ChennaiIndia

Post Number: 3
hi, Exige

my preferences on speakers is good clarity, great mid bass... A speaker which would bring out even the tiniest detail of the song....allll these within 450$, thats why I chose SR6500 because of the clarity and depth

Also I am new to high end audio installations...so are you sure CDT es62i is better than SR6500 in every aspect i.e. you mentioned cdt being louder, but i am not a big fan of loudness...so pls help me out

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9797
Polks are really not that great.... those CDTs are an awesome set, I run them. You want a lot of midbass extension though.... you would likely have to run a 3 way system (which prob would require custom work) to get that without compromising standard midRANGE output.

Username: Victoratm

Austin, Texas United states

Post Number: 5
polk sound really good, besides cdt what else is there for options??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9839
" polk sound really good "

Umm thats debateble.

" besides cdt what else is there for options?? "

Diamond's HEX are a very nice set of speakers.

Post Number: 6
M.S. what about db drive platinum series besides Diamonds HEX

Post Number: 7
M.S. what about db drive platinum series besides Diamonds HEX

Username: Bch5h7

Post Number: 5
I am no expert but I am also looking for speakers in a similar price range. My budget is $400 for speakers so you may be able something better, but here are the brands I have been looking at.
This forum is really big on CDT speakers. With that being said, CDT seems to be a very well like brand on other forums as well, so they are definitely worth looking at. You may also want to look a DLS, Morel, Image Dynamic, Rainbow, and Focal. I have been looking on www.woofersetc.com. I don't think they have the best prices but they have a good selection, which allows you to compare the different brands.
Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1126
please do not buy from woofersetc.com i wish i could go into detail but lets just say...eh

on that note i have heard Polk SR6500 before, and it might have just been the install but i would compare them to the CDT CL-61cf set sittin infront of me, a 199.99 shipped

i would give mike with exige audio a email and see what he can work out

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1128
i thought about it some more and im thinkin it was prolly just the installs because the truck i heard them in they was installed in the kick and the tweets was just on the door just something for his daily driving, he never competeted, to me it sounded like they was starving for air maybe but when i heard the CDT CL-61cf set in my car it was when they was installed in my Sound Quality competition setup, so which everything was optimized for the best sounding which i had put alot of work into the tweet location/firing/phasing direction and the mid-bass placement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us