Adding a battery...electrical Q's

Username: Jgood

Post Number: 9
like i said before i recently got a zx2500.1, for a sick price i might add. anyway, if i add a new battery kinetics or optima, should i replace my stock or run the new one in the back? and.....if anyone knows of any good deals on a HO alternator for a 01 chevy tracker,or any other good sites for car audio electrical stuff it would be greatly appreciated :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9762
http://www.db-starter-alternator.com/Alternators/High%20Output/

Good HO alternators

One good battery should be all you need, replace stock. (good means not optima) I would recommend odyssey but there are other strong batteries like kenitik as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12424
a deep cycle battery isn't a good starter battery.
use the deep cycle as a dedicated audio battery with the use of a battery isolator.

Post Number: 10
so if i just wanted to replace my stock battery, what would be a good choice? I dont want to spend the extra cash if i dont have to.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9767
odyssey, kenitik, and the others will work good.. you don't need a deep cycle... in fact I don't recommend it since don't have a lot of power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks ms

Platinum Member

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12426
just be aware that your new bigger battery won't do a thing to help you with the engine running. It only gives longer play time with the car turned off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
but when my car is running it will be fine right?

Platinum Member

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12429
what will be fine?
the battery is there to turn over the engine. it doesn't supply current to the electrical devices when the engine is running. the alternator does that in addition to recharging the battery.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9791
Right, which is why I said to get a HO alternator. It will be absolutely nessecary to run an amp that size.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
sounds good, thanks for making everything clear
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us