Need advice on my amp situation

Username: Yoyoryc

Post Number: 1
I have a 05 magnum with 2 L5 12's in back
I got 2 MA audio 1000 watt m700xe amps.
One amp to each sub. They are not hitting like i know they should. Can anyone tell me why and what i should do to make the subs reach their full potential

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 106
What kind of enclosure are they in? What ohm is each wired to? If your enclosure is not good the setup will be crap.

Post Number: 3
The enclosure meets the specs that that i read in the booklet that came with the subs. Dont no where book is.

The subs are wired 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9754
L5s suck.... ma audio sucks.... so perhaps that is their full potential. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2003
specs on box and how did you set the amp gains? they should get fairly loud with that equipment and car.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 108
That amp is a 2 channel right? are you bridging your amp so you get the 500wrms per sub? Also what kind of box is it? Ported, sealed? How big and if it is ported do you know the tuning frequency?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2487
the best a could muster out of 2 12" L5's was a 143.1 in a van. I think they were more musical than my L7's were. But they are what they are.

Post Number: 4
I believe it is a ported box. AND the amps are not bridged. both of them. As far as the frequency i am not as advanced in knowledge as you are, couldnt tell you. I also have a 3 farad power acoustic capacitor to help it. I personally think it is the amps and the deck. When i have the radio on all my speakers in my car work. But when i play cd only the front speakers works
But that is another story
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us