08 Focus Sedan system thoughts/opinions

Username: Allencass

Malden, MA USA

Post Number: 8
after doing a little research for my 08 ford focus sedan, and wanting to keep as much trunk space as possible, here is what i came up with. let me know thoughts, opinions and any suggestions you might have.
Thanks, Allen
My system - Factory HU - for now. I hate that dash pod but cant deal with it being blank
Front door speakers -- Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rear door speakers -- Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amplifier -- JL Audio G4500
Sub(s) and box -- Boston Acoustics G510RS
Subwoofer amplifier -- Kicker 08ZX400.1
Also considering a one amp setup - Alpine PDX-5

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9745
BA, kicker amps, alpine, and JL are all very good equipment.

Infinity speakers by contrast suck.... components are the way to go for best sound... I would recommend a CDT ES-62 set but need to know budget.

As for the rears most SQ system do not run that at all, for good reason, all they do is pull the stage back which is bad.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 746
Based on a cost analysis of his current setup, I'm gonna guess the budget would not allow for an ES set. However there's still some great options below it.

As M.S. said, don't run rear speakers. You're just wasting your money. I would personally recommend running a single set of components up front and switching from 6x9's to 6.5's. By getting rid of the rears though and just adding that into your budget for the fronts, you'll end up with a much higher quality system. Also you'll only need a 2-channel amp rather than a 4-channel amp for your speakers.

Feel free to email me at mike@exigeaudio.com for more info on how to get your system setup right. I'll be happy to give you a few pointers. I noticed that deadening mat was not mentioned in your original post. I would definitely recommend it to increase midbass.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9793
If hes considering BA subs, and kicker and alpine PDX amps, then I'd say his budget would likely allow for an ES set?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us