Music

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9722
What all does everyone use to download now days.

Since allofmp3 and ruckus went away I have no more legit means of getting free music

So now I'm back to limewire which sucks. Haven't had much luck with torrents for individual songs.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9723
I guess this should have went in OT... sry

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3551
utorrent as your client, btjunkie for your torrent search engine.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 539
dc++ or torent sites

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2683
Torrents are outdated lol.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2163
You're outdated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2684

quote:

you're outdated.

You're*

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2165
really.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9724
Torrent work ok for complete albums.... but what if I only want one song.....

I don't want to waste time downloading the album on my campuses terriably slow internet.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2431
Ares for music
utorrent for movies

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3552
if you had any exp with utorrent and btjunkie, you would know you aren't required to download the whole album. through btjunkie you can view all the songs in the album, when you open up the torrent file in utorrent, you can then pick and choose what you do or don't want.

Nick V, unless you are going to make a tutorial on how to "master" newsgroups, stfu already.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2437
Thieves is correct in both statments lol

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudioislikecrack

Post Number: 15
M.S. be careful my friend tom downloaded songs off his schools computer and now he is getting sued.i kid you not on the papers it had a list of what record companies were suing him and for how much.it was nuts

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3553
^he makes a good point, I actually got an email from my university recently saying that there is some new bill that just got passed about P2P users on student accounts or using the campus network.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1406
i wouldnt use torrents and all that. just get a napster account. no risk of viruses like the other way mentioned on this thread.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9727
Thanks thieves I will check those out.

But alltunes is back up now, so it looks like theres no problem :-)

For those that don't know what alltunes is, they sell music for 0.10-0.30 cents a song, have a huge catalog. The best part is the audio is stored as CD quality and then converted to whatever format you order. So I can get 320k mp3s converted from CD on the fly. Awesome, definetly something I don't mind paying a little for. I HATE 128k songs from itunes and all the others and refuse to pay for that, or anything with DRM thats not easily cracked.

Not legal btw, its run out of russia. But f*ck the riaa.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2686

quote:

"Nick V, unless you are going to make a tutorial on how to "master" newsgroups, stfu already"

He asked, I just answered.
And there is no need for me to stfu, thanks though lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3445
lol^^

Just about every torrent I've downloaded I was able to pick the songs I wanted and skip the others. I mostly just use piratebay because of the reviews of every torrent.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3554
Actually you didn't answer the question.

Proof:

"What all does everyone use to download now days?

Since allofmp3 and ruckus went away I have no more legit means of getting free music

So now I'm back to limewire which sucks. Haven't had much luck with torrents for individual songs."

"Torrents are outdated lol."

Again, unless you're going to grace everyone with your knowledge of newsgroups, and prove that and how they are superior to everything else, stfu already with the "torrents aren't as awesome as newsgroups" babyback posts.

Stavenmist, btjunkie is better than the piratebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 2688

quote:

Again, unless you're going to grace everyone with your knowledge of newsgroups, and prove that and how they are superior to everything else, stfu already with the "torrents aren't as awesome as newsgroups" babyback posts.

It's only babyback to you. If you ever go in chat you would think differently. So stfu already.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2689
BTW: The only person that has mentioned newsgroups in this thread is you. I just stated that torrents are outdated, in which they are.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

That one, Ohio

Post Number: 445
lol you know that riaa or whatever never successfully sued someone for downloading only cases they ever won was people who got caught uploading... ill try to find the article about it

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11090
I wonder if that one dude from the RIAA is gonna come back on here and say something....his name was like Jason or something? He busted a couple people on CA I think.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3555
I don't have AIM, I stopped using it years ago and don't see the interest or need to re download it. So don't expect me to show up in chat trying to discover the newsgroup phenomenon.

BTW: regardless of who mentioned newsgroups first, that's not the point I was making with the last post. the real point was that you didn't help. the underlying point was that you seem to post dump when people ask about downloading stuff, and don't really enlighten anyone.

so I don't have to stfu already, thanks though, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2691

quote:

I don't have AIM, I stopped using it years ago and don't see the interest or need to re download it. So don't expect me to show up in chat trying to discover the newsgroup phenomenon.

Then I do not see a need for this argument to continue if you do not want to find out :-)

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2169
Thieves, I think you're the one that needs to stfu.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2448
lol. Snow you STFU!

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2569
ya we have that same stuff in stevens point. they tell us to use ruckus cause they monitor the network and if they see anyone using p2p or limewire or anything of that sort they will fine u. and i think one kid was fined like 3k

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3556
Thanks Mark.

Nick V, there is no argument, just a suggestion that you should either help out, by giving reasons why newsgroups are superior to torrent clients, and also giving a tutorial on how to be a "G" at newsgroups, such as yourself.

Also, I never said I didn't want to find out, I just said I don't see a point in downloading AIM again, when I made little use of it years back.

Also, don't you have to pay to use the servers for newsgroups?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2692
Thieves, I'm not going to explain how to "illegally" download music on a public forum that is usually the first google result for anything.

The people that really want to know how to download "backups" off newsgroups usually contact me on AIM. In which I will then explain how.

I actually added M.S. on my aim list last night and was going to talk to him tonight about using newsgroups.

quote:

Also, don't you have to pay to use the servers for newsgroups?

Not always. Most ISPs have a newsgroup server included with your internet package. If you ever did have to pay, it is about $5-$15 a month, but is completely worth it.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3559
PMs work too lol.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 399
hey i need someone to enlighten me in newsgroups and bit torrents, cause someone deleted ares off my comp so i tried to get it again and its not working. my aim and yahoo is armykyle1. i would really like some help.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1769
i use mp3 rocket pro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us