New system

Username: Nmfootball72

Post Number: 1
I previously had 2 10" duals with a 600 watt rockford fosgate amp, but the amp blew and blew one of the speakers with it. I am looking at getting a new system and right now I am looking at getting 2 12" Power Acoustik MOFO, with a 5500 watt Power Acoustik BAMF amp. I was wondering if this was a decent set up, or if i could get something much better at around $550, i was also wondering if it would fit in a 98 Mustang GT trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1656
first of all welcome to the site. we can deff get you a better system for the cash does that budget just for sub and amp or do you need a box too? do you want a system thats just loud? sounds clear? or a mix of the two?

Post Number: 2
The budget is just for the subs and amp, I already have box, and I would rather have a system that is not quite as loud but more clear, so a mix of both, but leaning more towards clarity

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 100
What are the specs of your box right now? Is it sealed, ported, bandpass? In anycase $550 will get you a good system.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1657
in all honesty if the box you have is premade your better off lowering your sub budget and having a box made custom. or even better if you have basic carpentry skills we can walk you through a box build

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 148
^x2

if you know how to work basic power tools, you could have a killer box. and you would at the most have to spend amybe a little less than 50 for the wood.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2430
enclosure and install is the most important fatcor in getting good preformance out of your system.

Post Number: 3
The box that I have now is a pre-made box, so thanks to your advice I will build my own box.I have access to any power tools that I will need, and I have some experience in carpentry, so I am sure I could make a good box, but I need to pick out some subs and an amp first to figure out what dimensions I need for the box. I will be willing to spend $400-$500, any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2467
2 12" type r's
aq1200
custom box
great bugdet setup. recommended a lot. compared to your last setup, this would be a whole new world of sound. Trust me.

Post Number: 4
So these are the only suggestions for subs and an amp for $400-$500?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 877
I have 2 sound splinter RL-I10's i would sell you for $320 shipped.

As far as a amp you could get a

kicker KX850.2 or zx750.1

or a pioneer GM-D7400M or GM-5300T

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2232
I'd go with the type r/audioque set-up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help