What channel amp for this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 450
I currently have an ED Nine.2x to power my front stage which are the CDT HD-62s. My question is do I need a 2 or 4 channel amp for my rear stage which consists of two CDT DRT25 tweets and two CDT coaxials? Both front and rear stages were previously run by the single Nine.2x.I currently have the Nine.2x running front comps, rear coaxials and rear tweets. It is loud, but I would like to give the front comps more power. I was always told i should have used a 4 channel amp instead of the 2 channel for all the mids and highs. So now I have some extra cash and just looking to improve. My sub stage consists of two 12" alphas each off an ED Nine.1. I'm happy with the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1071
hmm well i would recommend a 4 channel only for the fact if you ever want to run active if not id just stick with a 2 channel, now for the rear speakers tho u run 2 coaxs and 2 seperat tweeters correct? i would use a 4 channel amp since u need to run the tweeters seperate and set the cross overs higher than your rear coax's

Silver Member

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 452
So get a small 4 channel for the rears and keep the Nine.2x at 4ohms for the front comps?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1074
yeah, wats teh specs on the nine.2x @ 4 ohms?

and yeah id say a small amp for back

Silver Member

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 453
Its 2x 200W at 4ohms. That good?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 748
Who sold you on running front components, rear coax's, AND rear tweeters?! Man that just sounds like a recipe for disaster with regards to soundstage and imaging. I'd recommend yanking the rear tweeters entirely for starters. Run the front HD-62 set off the Nine.2x. Run your rear coax's off the head unit's power.

If those extra rear tweeters are helping with volume, you could always use them as imaging tweeters up front... I would skip putting them in the back though...

Email me if I can be of any assistance in getting it sorted out.

mike@exigeaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9794
^^^ what he said

That does sound like a disaster
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us