What comp set for $200 - OT

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Alpine ida-x001/2 dd 2..., Woodlawn Por... USA

Post Number: 1988
Trying to get a new comp set on friday right now I currently have a phonex gold rsd 6.5" set thy r ok but I want something with a lil more sq at hirgher volume and tht picks up high noises very clearly and shines on vocals any ideas the amp is a 2 channel phonix gold ryval 750 or something it does 75 x2 @ 4 or ohms or it might be 2 ohms can't remember but its the perfect matvh for the rsds spec wise... thanx

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1055
i have a couple sets of CDT EF-62 carbon fiber comp sets for 169 shipped and comes with a 1 year warranty from a authorized dealer.

Simply put these are amazing for price and just cant be beat IMO.

you interested?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1991
ill check em out get me some reviews of your character and of the speakers and you might have yourself a customer are they brand new in the box? got any pics?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14722
cdt is pretty good also look at DLS comps ...

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1059
btw they handle 150rms, however 75rms will get them plenty loud, also you was looking for something about distortion, well i have my gains set for 150 rms, at volume 27 and the HU goes up to 35, i can turn it all the way up to 35 with out distortion?!?!?! :-)

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1060
and remains crystal clear IMO

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1061
"ill check em out get me some reviews of your character and of the speakers and you might have yourself a customer are they brand new in the box? got any pics?"

im currently in class right now but once i get back to my dorm room ill grab some reviews and link you to them and also upload some photos.

but last year i ran Dynaudio 242 GT's for my SQ setup, i installed these in the same spots to see how it scored against them because i was simply blown away by them well i only scored .4 points belown the Dyns ;)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9716
Get at exige about some CDT ES series. Trust me, they will blow you away compared to those PGs (I have heard both and own the ES)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1992
can he get em cheaper than what D _ Money has em 169.00 Good lookin out MS

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1065
M.S. think about how much power hes running 75 rms, thats why i didnt recommend the ES stuff

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1404
yea the ES line needs a ton more power to really get them cranking. ive been thinking about getting different mids and going to the ES lines. however i would get a more powerful amp, atlesat 250 rms...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1994
I can always get a new amp give me a mid range amp tht will power the ES line perfectly and how much for em...

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9719
Now we're talkin

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9720
But dmoney is right if you stay with your current amp it won't be enough power so then you'd want to look at the lower lines.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1068
lol, well jay4prez if your lookin to upgrade the amp give me a budget and ill point you to the right ways see what kinda deals i can work for you

email me at basebalz13 at cs dot com

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2429
i found a digital designs comp set for $130 shipped. There are good deals out there.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1072
CDT > DD

Gold Member

Post Number: 2433
depends on what sedries you are refering to. Not every CDT set is better sounding than DD. Some people dont like CDT at all. soooo... It is a matter of personal preference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2435
Wasn't telling him to go out and buy a DD comp set anyways.. Was just stating that there are good deals out there.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3443
I always read how people like CDT and whatnot. Theres just something about CDT that doesn't make me want to try it. I don't know my reason though lol. May sound stupid, but I dunno ha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2436
I've heard to cdt comp sets and the highs were outstanding (I really like bright tweets) But the mid bass was subpar. But I don't remember if they had enough power going to them. I would run CDT, but it would have to be the higher end comp sets. Then again if I were going to spend that kind of money, I would likely go with a different company unless I had a deal that I couldn't pass up.. Nothing against CDT, but they are NOT the only good makers of comp sets.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6252
CDT to me = a false reproduction of sound

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1073
yeah true the lower end stuff isnt that great, but for the price that you get them for you cant complaing now if you paid a good amount of the mid-upper end stuff then yeah i want my moneys worth

all i can say is im VERY happy with my mid-level sets compared to my top of the line Dynaudio stuff

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11089
Multiply the budget by 2.5 and jump on the Hybrid Audio Technology bandwagon with me :-) Only real men can be part of it.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9733
Sound quality is subjective, is the bottom line on this subject.

CDT speakers to me are the best out there for the price. The lower lines are not exceptional no suprise, but for the price I haven't found anything better.

The high end stuff like the ES line are the best components I have heard at their cost.

Their tweeters are known to have very smooth highs. Think opposite of infinity which are terriably harsh.

Mids are heavier on midRANGE than midbass, which shouldn't be a problem unless you have a sub that can't hit higher bass, then a 3 way component set may be in order, using one of their "plus" mids, which are midbass heavy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
Focal, DLS , Rainbow, RE xxx, Morel, fu<k, there are too many good comps sets out there that are great, but most will cost A LOT more then most CDT's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1996
Decided to go with the HD-62 Essence set what do you guys think about those???

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2693

quote:

Sound quality is subjective, is the bottom line on this subject.

This.

I've heard some higher end CDT sets, and they sound pretty good. I've also heard a lower-end DD set and they sounded just as good to me.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6258
Depends on the install :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2694

quote:

Depends on the install :-)

That too. The CDT's I heard were in custom pods, and the DDs I heard are in our soundroom, and also in the doors of Canaan's truck.

In the end, you will most likely be happy with whatever you go with.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1407
jayZ, i have that exact comp set but with the 560i xovers. they are very good however i would go with at least 200rms because i only have 140 and would like to see them get a little louder.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9737
Should have the the ES if you were going to spend that much money, they are a big improvement for the cost.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1999
Is $225 a lot for tht set thts the most I'm willing to spend on comps right now..

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 743
No he isn't spending that much. He stayed VERY close to his budget ;) ES would have doubled his budget, even at the lowest sale price I've had on them. ES=$800 retail. budget was $200ish.

I think he'll be very happy :-)

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 744
JayZ and I posting at the same time for the loss lol.

Anyways, point proven. He got HD-62's at a VERY good price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2696
Nice comps for an extremely nice price.

exige ftw

Gold Member

Post Number: 2000
So I'm gettin a good deal and I should go with this set? And which amp out of these 3 do u reccomend and why kicker sx 500.2 kicker zx 450.2 elemental designs nine.2x ed price is really good...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2700
Get a DD S4 and go active :-)

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2180
hey nick, do they have those at the shop? cause I was lookin to get one of those, but are a little pricey.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1084
sundown 100.4 all the power youll ever need bud

Gold Member

Post Number: 2001
yaaaay sundown i have a sundown saz 1500d and wud love a matching amp... any1 got kevin holdens #... but what do u guys think about the HD-62 essence set?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6260
you could always pick up an eD nine.4 and go active

either way i'd just go with the nine.2x if you don't want to go active r brake the bank.. the eD amps i ran were pretty clean

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1087
sounds like a nice setup, specially for that price ;)

do you need a price quote for the sundown 100.4?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us