Got the speakers, need the amp

Username: Wafsman

Ohio

Post Number: 1
so i've finally got my speakers, now i need help finding an amp to power them. what would be good to run four 12's that are 300 rms and 600 max each? the load will be 1-ohm.

Ohio

Post Number: 2
also forgot to mention that i would like to stay under about $300, but i am open to all suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 365
AQ 1200

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2156
also max ratings dont matter at all, just pay attention to the RMS ratings.

Username: Mrdurdee

Macon, GA United States

Very true about the MAX power ratings. I always tell my clients, "If your speedometer says 120, you don't always drive it 120."

RMS power is the one of the best specs to look at in order to properly match a good marriage between amp & sub(s). You'll find that lower end equipment is rated higher and higher end equipment is rated lower and honestly. If it says "1000 Watts" on the amp's heatsink and it retails for $99, that's a yellow flag.

For the money, $300. I would recommend a Rockford P300.1. This Class D mono block amp may be small in size, but it's delivers strong, raw power for the dollars. It's RMS power is a little underrated and delivers more (but not too much) than it gives itself credit for.

Add the PEQ bass knob, too!

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6 &family_id=19&item_id=108231&locale=en_US&p_status=

Happy Hunting,

MrDurdee

Ohio

Post Number: 3
a 300 watt amp is enough to run four 300 watt rms subs? for some reson that doesn't sound right.

Username: David_gone_loco

Sandiego, California

you might want looking into db drive or audioque, both kinda underground but great quality

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 101
The AQ1200d(AudioQue) is one of the best budget amps right now. It delivers a true 1200wrms at 1 ohm, not overrated and is of great quality.
http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm
You can get it for $250 new shipped directly from them. I would also reccomend the Hifonics BXi 1208D or 1608D.

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 165
kicker 1200.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us