SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Username: Lucasg90

Post Number: 1
Hi, i dont know much at all about car audio, well, basically nothing. But i recently got subs installed in my trunk, they worked fine for a couple of weeks but they were loose and everything i would make a turn they would hit a side of the trunk. Then, all of a sudden they stopped working, i go check it out and the cable from the amp to the subs are disconnected, the negative and positive. Ive tried connecting them back knowing which ones was pos and neg), but they don't seem to work. I think the problem is that i am not connecting them correctly, they're cables with loose wires on the tip and my subs have 2 like metal mini cylinder that come out and have holes in them. one is black and other red, i put the cable through the whole and screwed the cap on them, nothing happens, lol i know i mite seem retarded but i don't know much about this stuff. Someone help me PLEASE!

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 97
So are your subwoofers in your trunk without an enclosure? what subs and how many do you have, and what amplifier do you have to power them?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1680
I wouldn't turn your car on again until you pull the fuse out for that amp. + and - wires touching could've blown the fuse or amp already.

Put the positive wire in the red terminal and the ground in the black.

most likely if it has no output the fuse or amp is blown so check that.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 134
^2 posts to Jon

LMAO.

check the lights on your amp, there should be something that tells you if its on or not. if there's a "protect" light, then somethings wrong somewhere. if not then ur subs are messed up somewhere. check your settings on your HU as well.

FTW-if you're not planning anything big, you should just bolt the box down.

Post Number: 2
yeah they were loose in the trunk but it was a big box, they are cheap shitty sub sony xplod with the xplod amp, the only thing disconnected was the amp cables to the sub and now i dont know how to connect them back corretcly to make them function.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19776
You might have jarred something loose in the terminals as well since the big box was able to slide around. When the speaker wires pulled out it could have fucked with the terminal(s). If the subs don't work after you reconnect everything try taking off the terminal and direct connect the subs.

Post Number: 3
i wish i new what that means lol. i think the problem is the way im pluggin it back in, theyre not plugs butwires that slide through a whole and then a cap is twisted on, or at least i think that is how.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19777
You mean these.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6245
Is the wire stripped at the ends

... just thinking perhaps if it got pulled out it snapped the wire.. maybe your just putting the wire in and insulation is only touching

Post Number: 4
yes exactly like that, and the wires snapped out and i tried putting them back and it wont work. please hlep

Post Number: 5
yes the wire is stripped at the end

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19782
Just snip the speaker wire clean off. Then cut the insulation back about 1/2" and reinsert them.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3185
I hope Im not repeating something or anything but

1)Make sure your fuse under the hood and the one(s) on the amp arent blown.
2)Make sure power, ground and RCAs are connected to the amp
3)Make sure the speaker wires are running from + on the amp to + (red) on the terminal and - on the amp to - (black) on the terminal.
4)If nothing still, pull the subs out of the box and see if the wires on the inside of the box were disconnected.
5)If nothing still grab two wires. Stick one end of the wires directly to the terminals of the sub and the other ends into a wall socket and take a small tack hammer and beat the crap outta your amp.
6)Buy other stuff. Better/working stuff

Actually skip one through 5 and just try step 6 and 7. I think that would solve the problem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19783
You're mean.

Post Number: 6
lol well, the only thing was the cables got disconnected from the sub and i tried connecting them and it dosnt work, i think im connecting them wrong or something happend to the tip of the cables when they got ripped off. any suggestions for that?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19787
Are you connecting the speaker cables to the box with banana plugs? If not then it's as simple as re stripping the ends of the wires and connecting them to the terminals.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

If you're using banana plugs then...

Upload

If not then simply insert the newly stripped ends directly into your terminals.

Post Number: 7
thats the best explanation and pictures i have ever seen, thank you soo much paul no joke, i will do that this weekend and post back for updates, once again thanks to all for all the tips
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us