I feel a little sick.....

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1634
so since my truck was getting worked on i asked a guy in my class to give me a ride to pick it up after class got out. I get in his car and he turns on his system and up to 5 volume it was bumping pretty loud so i asked him what he had i was impressed...... "2 12in duals and an alpine amp in a bandpass box" so at this point im just totally thrown off we get to the shop and i look at his amp his gain is turned all the way up his bass boost all the way up. i asked him who installed it he said a friend about a year ago. I told him its a mystery to my why the amp and/or the subs have not blown yet with the gain and BB at these levels and that he should turn them back. "ehh it hasnt blown yet it will be ok"........

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2114
no way.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9685
Well at least he has a good amp. Now when he blows the subs you can find him something better.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1639
i told him give me a budget

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19761
I wouldn't feel sick.

A whole year? BB and gain BOTH at max?

Wow.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1581
i gotta call Bs, i started with same bandpass setup. i never crankeed those knobs to max and smoked 2 of those bandpass boxes. i only then used the warrenty and moved on. i kept the 460 watt dual amp, i ran on it about 4 years ago and it's still kicking. but those subs on a alpine , no way , somethings not right with the amp or HU for those things not to be cooking. funny story i got a mrp 850 and it read so low of voltage i couldn't tune it with a DMM, yet if i ran the subs i got a decent thump out of it. i returned it and all is well but i wonder if he has a bad amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1679
He could have it wired to 4-8 ohms or something, and maybe he never turns it above volume 5

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1645
its not a big amp it looks smaller than my comp amp (400 rms)

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2867
since when does an amp have to be big to be powerful

look up an mmats amp

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1648
good point but i dont think its a big amp either way

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1582
if i remember correctly i think the box is only stuck at 4 or 8 ohm. it was a odd number, so it's not possible to wire it any diff. the box is sealed and pre wired when you get it. there's just 2 push terminals on the back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us