Need help with box design asap

Username: Jsaunders

St. clair, Mi U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I have 2 15in audioban immortals and an aduiobahn rack mount amp, they are currently in two single ported boxes, the damn subs hit so hard the screws keep snapping in half...i think im up to about 300 added screws now, they seem to last a couple days, but i go away to school and I am going to go home this weekend and want to build a ported box that will hold both, It is going into a 98 quad cab dodge ram, and I have several 1in thick boards, I also planned on using 1/4in thick screws as well. i need help on port size and proper deminsion, can i build as big of a box as possible and use correct port size and be ok as well? maximum space avail is 2ft tall, 4ft long, 17 mabey 18in wide, all help is much appreciated!

St. clair, Mi U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
ive also tried to use the calculators online i foundon google and did not understand one bit of it

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 331
you should probably have someone build it for you, if ur thinking about usin plywood dont do it, you need 3/4"-1" thick MDF. go to this site

http://www.fishercustoms.com/services.html

Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 7
Uh possibly a dumb question, but you are using wood glue too, not just screws? And a good box calculator is http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

St. clair, Mi U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
i actually built the box last weekend i found a buddy who is really good withh math an into car audio luckily. It turned out amazing, and yes i used wood glue. I cant beleive what a difference this box has made, it rips and turned out flawless, i have pics of the entire build but havent sent them from my phone yet, everything is predrilled and counter sunk, think the totall was around 350+ screws and 50 1/4 bolt head screws
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us