OT- school assignment

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 116
k so,

im in the marketing ED class, and we have a sales approach assignment due tomorrow.

basically what the assignment is, is you are a sales associate, and you are selling any product of your choice. so i chose to do... car audio!

the situation is a customer walks in the store, and you have to give a merchandise approach (EX: those are last yearrs models, would you like to look at this year's?), an observation of what they're looking at, at least 5 open ended questions, interpretive questions, and assumptive questions.

the easy part is that i get to write responses as well, so i can direct how the sale would go.

so far i baically have: merchandise approach (RD audio is having a sale on all of their 2008 models, would you like to look at some of those?)

I have as many open ended questions i can think of:

what kind of car do you have? have you upgraded the big 3?, budget?, how much power are you looking to run?, what HU do you have now?, crossovers?, SPL? SQ? SQL?,two or more amps for subs + highs?, trunk space?, Ported?, Sealed?, 10s 12s 15s 18s? upgraded highs? anything fiberglassed (tweet pods, kick panels, sub box, etc.

I'm stuck on interpretive questions and assumptive questions.

any help?

p.s.- thanks for the RD sale idea Kevin lol

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1678
Interpretive questions just leave it open ended so the person has to think instead of saying yes or no. Make them supply you with info.

Interpretive question:
What are your main goals with this upgrade?

Most customers listen to a variety of music, what are some of the genres you like?

Assumptive questions do the same thing, just you're assuming they're going to buy from you in the way you phrase things.

Instead of asking the price question like you did, an Assumptive question would sound like:
Most people like to stay within a set budget, what does yours look like?
or
You're going to love the equipment you picked out, was there a phone number I could contact you at when the order comes in?

To help 'push' the sale.

Good luck.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 119
thanks much! i only needed a few more things and what you said was perfect!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us