Box size

Username: Holzy

Shire

Post Number: 2
just a little question about box sizes.
i got a clarion sub, on its specification sheet it says optimum enclosed box size to be to 1cubic foot.

but online i used a box size calculator and entered in all the specs and it says to hav bigger box. around 1.6-1.7 cubic feet. i made the bigger box. it sounds pretty good, mainly with lower bass tho (prob cos bigger air volume)
if i put it in the 1cubicfoot box will it make it better or worse? also does the shape of the box matter (whats best shape).
thanks for the help

Username: Staffsgtspaz

Post Number: 5
For the amp? The box size really wont matter. Same for the speakers, as long as they fit snug and has room inside for all the wires to be compfortably placed then its fine. Personally id say dont out it in a box and bolt it on top of the box on your speakers. That way it has plenty of cool air and wont over-heat.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 354
box size matters alot, you should almost always do what the manufacture says, which sub is it?
1cube should be plenty

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19781
If you invert the sub you will only make the box volume increase. Sub manufacturers will take the sub's displacement when recommending an enclosure size. If you feel the box size is too large and you want to experiment on a smaller one try adding something to the inside of the box to adjust the volume. A bag of sand perhaps. Just something to DECREASE the internal volume. Didn't get the results you want? Adjust the amount. No harm no foul.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us