Got some new toys

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 92
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9638/dscn0128zt3.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5195/dscn0129fy6.jpg

I ordered them a while ago from the RD sale, and just got the amp tonight from a friend. I plan on installing them tomorrow, I hope it does better than my last setup.
I got 2 1.25 cu ft sealed boxes that they are going in until i find time to build a ported box for them.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3417
Good sh!t man. Nice pics too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
I got some questions about installing this. It has a bass knob with it, when i set the gain should i have it set to maximum(+18db) and then be able to turn it down with the knob, or should i just not use the knob at all and use the subwoofer level control on the headunit(Pioneer DEH 3000IB). Also the amplifier has 2 sets of speaker outputs, should I just wire down to 1 ohm and just use one set of speaker terminals? If I wire each sub to 2 ohms and put them each on one will it be the same as wiring them to 1 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3419
Don't use the bass knob at all. That knob isn't a gain knob like you're thinking it is. It's a bass boost probably around +/-18db @ 40-45hz. Just keep that in the box and forget about it. The wiring is up to you. You can do it either way and achieve the same load. The amp will internally bridge it to 1ohm if you wire each sub to 2ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3543
^Wrong. That knob is more like a volume knob. when you set your gain, then plug in said knob, the level that you set your gain at will be the max on the "bass knob"

Regardless, there is no need to use it really, set your gains and HU properly, then exercise the volume knob on your HU.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2105
how is he wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2674

quote:

^Wrong. That knob is more like a volume knob. when you set your gain, then plug in said knob, the level that you set your gain at will be the max on the "bass knob"

Thieves, the Hifonics amps do not have a gain knob. They have a bass boost knob which as you know isn't recommended to use.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9668
" Don't use the bass knob at all. That knob isn't a gain knob like you're thinking it is. It's a bass boost probably around +/-18db @ 40-45hz. Just keep that in the box and forget about it. "

Correct

" If I wire each sub to 2 ohms and put them each on one will it be the same as wiring them to 1 ohm? "

It is the same.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2373
x2^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Ok I am nearly done. Just need to hook up the subs to the amp. I set it to about 30v with a dmm, which is supposed to be about 900wrms i think. And i didnt use the bass knob, ill just use the sub level control on the HU if i need to. thanks for the help guys.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1548
Nice Aladdin blanket.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3545
My mistake, I read RD (thinking it was an RD amp as well), and didn't even click on the second link. I retract my previous post. Do not use that bass knob.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us