Any tips for install?

Bronze Member
Username: Zparlet

Post Number: 11
I just picked up 2 alpine type r 12" subs for $80 from my friend in mint condition. I also just got a bazooka EL1500 amp for free. And i have a pioneer deck. Since i finally got everything together i am looking to install everything tomorrow. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for on the install? Maybe like placement of sub/amp.... I have never installed any car audio so idk any help is greatly apreciated. I do have a basic idea of what i am doing. Thanks!

zparlet

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 993
do you have a DMM and a 50hz test tone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I have a DMM but no i don't have a test tone.... Where would i get one?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 835
make sure you have all the tools you need. do not rush on the install take your time and run your power cord threw the fire wall. do not mount your amp on your sub box.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 996
realmofexcursion.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thanks D-money, where is there a firewall in a car?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 836
the firewall is right behind the engine. it seperates you from the engine bay

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 998
yeah, also make sure you put electrical tape on everything like whe u wie in the HU wire harness, um yea really just take your time! patience is the key, if you gout tell me your sub woofer voice coil configuration i will tell you how to set your amp :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3544
^bad advice. make sure you soder your connections then use heat shrink to cover the bare wire.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2103
you dont have to solder the connection, just use some wire connectors and put electrical tape around the wire connector to make sure the connector doesnt go anywhere and get disconnected.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 315
^ that would be the for a quick install i usually use i guess some ppl call em bullet connectors, they wont come of unless you yank on em, electrical tape will get hot in the dash and come off, ive seen it, make sure you know the color code of the wires. also i didnt find anything saying that amp is 1ohm stable so if ur type R's are DVC4s, you gotta run 4ohms total, plus that amp isn't gonna put out enough to really tap into those subs

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2676

quote:

you dont have to solder the connection, just use some wire connectors and put electrical tape around the wire connector to make sure the connector doesnt go anywhere and get disconnected.

Electrical tape isn't even needed if you get good quality connectors and crimp them well. They won't go anywhere and will work just as well as solder.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9669
Nick V wins.

Soldering is the best possible connection. Crimp connectors are next best, if not just as good.

Never use electrical tape to make connections.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2106
yeah I just use wire connectors and tape all the wires together so they arent all just crammed and hanging around in the dash.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us