Where can i add two new speakers in my car?

Bronze Member
Username: Asseff_11

Canada

Post Number: 13
2000 mazda protege
i have a sony head unit, 2 infinity's in my front doors, 2 infinity's in my back window sill, and i have 2 6x9 speakers i want to add in my car. also i have a kenwood amp i'm hooking up.

i was going to build custom cases and put each under the driver and pasenger seats but theres not enough room.

any idea's to where i can put these?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 737
Have you already purchased them? If not, skip it. If anything they're going to mess up your soundstage severely (which might not be that great in the first place, but no use in having it deteriorate).

But if you absolutely must have them in there, you'll have to figure out how much modification you'll want to do.

First question to ask though is what are you trying to achieve, and why do you want them in there? Maybe there's an easier solution that we can help you with...

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 14
ya i already have them. they were given to me and my uncle gave me an amp, so i was just thinking, why dont i add these speakers and amp.

i wanted to achieve..i guess..a louder system, with more bass, with out getting subs.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 738
Okay fair enough. So is your stock system not loud enough for you essentially? (ie. There's a *REAL* need to make it louder). Is there a reason you dont want to get a sub? A better way to go might be to take the speakers your uncle gave you and sell them for a cheap sub. (Heck I've got stuff as low as $23 for a driver.)

Then assuming the amp is a 2 channel amp, run it bridged to the sub.

Just something to think about. If you really want to stick with the 6x9's though and amp them, I'm sure we could find somewhere to put them. It won't sound the best, but anything is doable.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 15
ok i like what you said about selling them, to buy something better, or i will have money to put towards it.
Infinity's are stock in protege's? i thought they were added by the previous owner..

ill just hook up my amp to my back speakers for now. any ideas on that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us