Best SQL woofer for ~1200RMS

Bronze Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 71
I just got my new system together and I went from two Type-R 12's to two RE SE 12's. Im actually kind of disappointed between the switch. Even after building a new box for the SE's.

So im thinking about starting over again. I listen to alot of rap but I listen to a litte bit of everything too you know?

I wanna know what woofer I should get to get my fix.

This is going in a Expedition... Im going to have about 1000-1500rms to play with (stock 130alt.. dont have the money to pay to play with more power)

I was originally going to do 4 RE SE's if I got an upgraded alt but im kind of straying from the new alt upgrade.

My options ive been looking at.... RD alpha.. RE SX... Fi Q....Fi BL.

Oh and most likely I will be doing a single 15 or 18.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6232
What is the amp? Box specs? I don't think you should be disappointed..

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11071
15" SI Mag V3 would be fun

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 986
agreed yanks

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19749
Maggie is a beast. 15" is a nice size for the combination too.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9643
Q is the best SQ sub out of your choices so thats what I would pick

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14701
though the R is a good sub im sure the SE is better - hmmmm what went wrong here ...

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6233
Lol, glad someone could agree rather than just suggest another sub..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Well im all for finding a better reason.

I had a shop in town build my first box... it had only 20-25 in2 of port supposivly tuned to 35hz. It did hit hard but it didnt feel clean and the lows lacked.

This box I tuned to 33.5-34htz I thought at least. It was 4.17 or close to that with... so with the sub in it was 4cuft.

This box alos has 64in of port area.

It just lacks the mid end and the lows slam... They just seem like they should be slamming way more.

My amp is a hinfonics 1500 (i know its overrated so I figure around 1000-1100 watts they are seeing so that should be fine)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6234
tune higher.. your not going to have a ported sub tuned low pick up good on midrange.. after 8-10hz itll roll off..

thats the drawback to ported

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4915
hey yanks i dont think they make the v3 mag in a 15" model

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Well i understand that Jack, I mean you were the one who told me the box plans and all. It just seems like I lost ALOT of putput.

Should I go sealed? Jack, you seem to have a good setup with yours in a sealed right?

Oh and even the low end I gain still isnt as loud as it should be I dont think. Thats why I was kind of leaning to a new woofer.

There has got to be something out there in $200-500 range that only needs 1200W to start slamming.

Ive got an expedition and ill fill the whole cargo for a box if need be.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11074
"hey yanks i dont think they make the v3 mag in a 15" model"

Well, I have one in my car right now so I think they do. And I'm pretty sure you owned one as well lol.

The V4 on the other hand, no they do not. Only 12" for the V4.

"Lol, glad someone could agree rather than just suggest another sub.."

I forgot we aren't allowed to suggest a sub when he asks for recommendations....how silly of me.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14706
im currently doing a 1 12 R for a guy in a hatchback civic sub 4ward & today we tried it out in his car & giving the sub 700+ wrms & it was unbearable to sit in the car , sub never moved more than 3\4" ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Yea I know, I had two Type-R's and it was loud enough to ring my ears. I thought I was going with an upgrade (the SE's) but its definitly not what i was looking for.

Hey rovin, could you send me the box plans for that 1 12" ? I told my buddy I would build him a box for his and I was looking for a good setup. Its going in older lexus es300 so as long as the box heighth isnt too tall it should fit.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 537
Austin, I have a buddy with a 15in Rd Sonance v.2 that he's selling along with a ported box 3.3 cuft 34hz, should take 1000-1200 daily. just let me know

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2494
Type -R get amazingly loud for their price. They are a great budget sub. The RE SE are a better quality sub, but i'n not so sure they will be any louder but they should sound A Lot better. I currently run 2- 18" Alphas(fixin to add a 3rd) and I love the way they sound. IF you want a "musical" 18" sub, Try the Sonance. I would not hesitate to put it against the Fi Q anyday for SQ and output. BUT, see what options you have with your current setup before investing in yet another setup. just my .02. Good Luck

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4955
oh yanks i thought ours were v2 and the new ones were v3's lol i dont know anymore

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2188
dumbas*.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11094
Lol its cool Charlie. I hope I didn't come off as an azz how I wrote that haha. I was bitter about something that day. But yea, we own V3s while the newest versions are the V4s and only in 12".

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3451
wtf yanks. you changed your name back.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11314
Charlies old mag 15 is waiting for a 1000 watt dayton rack amp to be hooked up to it.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11095
Bet your bottom dollar I did Steve. It was annoying me lol

Good stuff Sean. That's sweet man. I wanna see pics sometime
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us