What to do with 2 12" fi q's

Username: Jwood10

Post Number: 1
i was wondering what some of you guys have done with your fi q' in terms of boxes. i like sealed, so what would be the biggest i could make it without it sounding bad. and should i polyfill or not. thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12387
the Q is ideally suited to a smaller sealed enclosure, so you're in luck.
personally I put a single Q18 in the trunk of my car, by fiberglassing the spare tire well and using that as the enclosure with the sub firing straight up, sealed, with ~1500WRMS from an Orion 2250SX bridged to drive it.

Platinum Member

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12388
as for actual box size, go about 1.5cu ft per 12" sealed, taking into account the displacement of the driver itself in the volume calculation. Polyfill is up to you. It adds 10" to enclosure volume, so try with and without half the enclosure loosely filled.
see which you prefer.

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 184
hey glass wolf that sounds like a good idea i see u live in michigan i do too... do u life in the UP id liek to see your setups?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14703
man i bet that 18" sounded totally beautiful ...

Platinum Member

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12396
not in the UP.. I'm down by Ludington and Manistee, North of GR. I'm actually going to be moving this Spring, down to the Carolinas most likely.. House shopping at present. I've got a lot of stuff packed up right now, and the Charger stays garaged all winter, as 700HP of RWD on drag slicks doesn't do real great in the snow up here haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us