Andsub blown???

Silver Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 300
i have 2 12" infinity references and today i was playing some music and notice only one of the subs is hitting? the other one doesnt move but you can feel the bass from it? is it blown?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19741
Are they in a common chamber? If they are then a blown sub will still emmit some sound by the pressure generated from the working sub. Disconnect the working sub and try it. If it doesn't move or make a sound you know.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 301
yeah i just ran out and checked it dont move even if the other one that works is disconnected so im gona switch my subs to my 2 12" kicker comps is there anything different i have to do 2 the amp or can i just swap them out and connect em?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 109
well it would be great if we knew what kind of amp it was.....

and you answered the common chamber question.....

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 303
its a qlogic 1000 watt amp ive never heard of it n i think its a common chamber box my friend got all his stuff from cc n had it for about a year n then sold it to me in october

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9617
Couldn't find any specs on that amp my bet is it's at least 2 ohm stable.

Comps are single 4 ohm so wire them like option 1 here, all + to + and all - to -

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=1

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 304
its a 4 ch amp the subs worked before n they both hit n now only one hits my friends gona come over n check it out he hooked them up and everything

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9623
Then you need to bridge it to 2ch by connecting each sub to each set of bridge terminals.

If you use the comps that is.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 305
alright hes gona come over sometime this week the comps r a step down from the references i believe ugh not happy about that i mean references aint that great but steppin down from those ugh this summer im hopen 2 get 2 12" fi BLs or Qs on a orion 2500D but well c

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 112
LMAO.

so this thread starts out with infinity subs, then moves to kicker comps, then jumps all the way to Fi BTL & Q's.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 306
yeah i wana upgrade but til then ill have the comps in til summer n then ill get the Q's or BLs

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9629
Comps and references are on about the same level.

Gotta start somewhere and there is FAR worse stuff out there.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 308
yeah they could be pyle subs lol but im hopin to upgrade this summer im saving up now half my check is going in the bank then around june ill take out whats there n buy a nice system =]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us