HT Setup

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2449
what up guys, long time no post in the ol subwoofer section. i usually hide in the OT section. haha.
ok so everyone knows im outta the car audio game, and i have this 15 in RD Audio Elite, thats never even been used, got it brand new about 1 1/2 years ago, its never seen power, so i thought id see what options i had with putting with home theater?
im tired of looking at it in my corner, so i gotta do something constructive.
1000wrms. i think its dual 1. not forsure, maybe i should find that out, but anyone know how to even get me started in the right directoin?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6227
built a box and get a plate amp.. theres your direction :-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2305
I'm not sure how many many 2 ohm stable plate amps there are, most I've seen are 4 ohm stable. I don't know much about HT though lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11272
Id say buy a rack amp from behringer that way you can move the amp where you want it istead of having to put it on the box. Also they are cheaper than dayton rack amps and you can get more power but like the daytons they are only 4 ohms mono stable. Make sure your highs can keep up with the bass too. Do a search on google because the amps are cheaper others places other than parts express. I paid 289 shipped for the behringer ep 2500.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2310
Holy cr@p that's a lot of power sean! I've never heard a loud HT setup, but I can only imagine. My measly 25w on a 12" free-air was enough to make my window panes rattle, yours would destroy my house!

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2450
thanks sean, ill look into that.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11273
"Holy cr@p that's a lot of power sean! I've never heard a loud HT setup, but I can only imagine. My measly 25w on a 12" free-air was enough to make my window panes rattle, yours would destroy my house!"

Ha Ha I bought the ep 2500 for my highs. I bought a dayton 1000 watt rack amp for my mag si 15.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19728
Turn up your pc speaks. Now imagine you're in front of this 18" on 1000 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 403
Holy sh!t. Very nice Paul!!!

I've been wanting to do something like that in my room for a while now. If I ever upgrade the stuff in my car I have thought about using my JLs for HT use.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6228
"I've been wanting to do something like that in my room for a while now"

Teens like to make their parents angry :P

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 404
Not a teen, haven't lived with my parents for over four years now. Never realized how good I had it untill I left.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6229
I was referring to a lot of peeps on the forum.. I was there at one point in time as well hehe

And I know what you mean.. Having to support me, my wife, and daughter with only me working and having enough money for the ride sucks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19730
Lot's of peeps are going back home lately and it's not to take care of their parents either. The economy is making it harder for those starting out and impossible for some to keep afloat. My ex is dealing with that every month. Well that and her deadbeat freeloading boyfriend.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2318
Looks insane paul!

Hey what were the specs of any enclosures you tried for that little vifa sub I bought off you? I tried to make one out of a shoebox and a TP tube with duct tape. It didn't turn out horrible I guess lol.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1546
I've been planning to use my RL-s for HT. Just need the money to buy an amp for it.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 110
great video paul!

and my big brother just moved back in with me because the economy is poo.

and why doesn't chase just use a car amp for his 15? use a wall socket for the (+) and (-) and hook the remote up to the speaker's (+)

=D

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2320
"and why doesn't chase just use a car amp for his 15? use a wall socket for the (+) and (-) and hook the remote up to the speaker's (+)"

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 510

Paul you inspired me to get a 18 or 2 when I have my own place for HT.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19747
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us