2 12" DD 3512e wih orion hcca d5000

Username: Airbear360

Post Number: 1
I just picked this system up for dirt cheap 300 dolla....f'ing steal right...but i am looking at throwing them in a 5.7 cube 28 hz box...1/0 already run ...red top ....big 3 done....and i beefed up my alternator...need some opinions

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7243
Try higher tuning.
DD subs react a little differently than many other subs.

What vehicle?

Post Number: 2
2000 gmc jimmy.....the only thing is i love that low low low clean bass
...i used to rock a fi Q in a 3 cube tuned to 28 and it was sick...141 db at 35 hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 7244
Try the 3512's in 5cuft tuned to ~37hz.
80sq inch port.

Post Number: 3
that seems sooo high

Gold Member

Post Number: 7245
They will play low though :-)

Post Number: 5
can we comprimise around 31 hz

Post Number: 6
i even modeled them in bassbox and the response was damn good....almost perfectly flat

Post Number: 7
i really dont care about spl ...i like quality...and the spl i get is just a bonus...ive owned just clean subs my whole life....2 12" re se....12" Fi q ....12" aa arsenal

Gold Member

Post Number: 7246
1 DD1508 'tuned' to ~44hz

The lows are there.
Port and sub loading are key

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14688
no offense to any1 but IMHO dd does not go down too low

might get "lowish" for a loud sub but compared to stuff like RE SE model for example its no where near

i personally rec dd for ppl who want more loud than low

u may have gotten 'a deal' but i think u bought the wrong sub for what u say u want or accustomed to hearing...

Post Number: 8
yea well i never intended on keepin it. . .i still have my arsenal and my q. . .but i bought it cuz the amp i worth like 500 used . . .but i guess i will just build it and if i dont like it i will sell it. . i honestly just picked it up to flip it for more. . .the box its in now is like 1.5 cube and god knows what tuning

Post Number: 10
I meant 1.5 per sub

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2048
ill give you 200 right now for the DD's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Nope im gonna build this box. . .i just sold the one box theyre in and i just sold the arsenal. . . but i love havin my Q and an ed nine.1 to fall back on

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9591
Those are not SQ subs just an fyi.... they tend to lack low end. Tuning them low just causes a loss in output.

They do not do well tuned below 38-40

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2654

quote:

They do not do well tuned below 38-40

Did you just make that up? Box tuning has so much more to it than what you are saying.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9592
I've heard quite a few DDs and used to run one.... and they don't perform well in boxes far below the recommended 40 hz tuning.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 155
yes they do, my old setup was two DD2512's in a 5 cu. ft. box tuned to 35hz and it slammed. now i have my hdc315 tuned to around 37hz and there isnt much difference in output from my friends hdc315 that is tuned to 40hz. since the dd's were tuned a little lower than my hdc they hit the lows somewhat better on the real low notes, but i like a little higher tuning now because the mid rang 35-45hz is louder. and if no one has noticed, most rap songs, or any songs really, commonly hit between around 35hz and above. so u love these super low 30hz and under tones that arent on very many songs. go with 35 to 40hz tuning eric, it will still hit the lows good and have much more output than 30hz.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14690
from my experience with my own 9512 & 2512 i did for some1 & other DDs i have heard too : i have to agree with MS

not saying it wont play in a below 38hz tuned box but it tends to lose a very noticeable amount of loudness compared to 38hz & above ...

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9594
^^ yes exactly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i agree with you on the fact that there are only a handfull of songs with tones around 32 hz . . .but im still so torn.....i like what i see on the response graph that i got from bassbox 6

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
and 200 for them...no way if you go 150 each ill do it....300 for the 2

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2072
nah, I was just messsin with you dude, but even 150 for each is still a pretty good deal.

Gold Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 1053
ive owned just clean subs my whole life....2 12" re se....12" Fi q ....12" aa arsenal

LOL 3 sets? You in your teens?

Id be sitting here till 3am typing.......

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9597
You have to stop thinking DDs are like most other subs.... they are not.... they react to enclosure a lof different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2658

quote:

I've heard quite a few DDs and used to run one.... and they don't perform well in boxes far below the recommended 40 hz tuning.

You are making a general rule for something that can not have one.

Box tuning relies on just more than what you buid it to. You can drop it in a vehile and it drop tuning ~10hz easy. So saying "tune it above 40hz" makes no sense.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14694
^u do have a valid point that vehicle conditions\interior acoustics play a major part in how the roll off is & how its perceived by ear since my wagon is double second skin layered & even my almost 50hz tuned SPL competition box doesnt sound bad at all for something tuned that high , in fact it sounds about 5hz or more less maybeeven closer to 40hz

....im sticking to my original post which is on true low end DDs are not as good as some other subs which im sure other ppl can agree with ...

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9604
I think most people know that.

Nick just doesn't like anything i say b/c its me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2661

quote:

I think most people know that.

Nah, alot of people don't know that. People that are learning will read your post and think that when you tune a box to a frequency, it will be tuned to exactly that. It really helps to be a little more specific for learners.

quote:

Nick just doesn't like anything i say b/c its me.

I didn't disagree on everything you said. I was just making what you said more detailed.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9608
Well I guess i get what you mean. But then on every question about box tuning you'd have to tell them tune it to X but its not tuned to exactly that... IMO will just confuse people.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6230
if you want pure SQ and some dangerous lows you have the wrong subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us