Anyone a computer wiz??

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2496
I am having an issue with my Netgear modem/router. If you will, email me I need some help right quick.

Kevin
se_rdaudio@yahoo.com

Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
i think you'd have better luck in the computer section, seeing this is a car subwoofer section...

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2498
If you are not going to respond with help, please do not respond.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2041
what's your problem, I have a problem with mine also. I'm trying to get ahold of Brad though.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2499
Well, I reset my router/modem last night (Netgear CG814WG). I had to redo my wireless as if it was a brand new unit. After about an hour of that I finally got it up and going with a WEP security on it.

My laptop just didn't want to work with it for some reason. Well, now my issue is I am trying to turn the firewall off in the router so my Xbox360 will play online. I get online with Xbox and it cuts my internet connection off for about a min. I guess it is seeing it as a threat and shutting everything down.

Like ight after I added you last night the fun started haha.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 485
Is the connection good after about that minute, or does it stay off?

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Omaha/council bluffs, Iowa

Post Number: 816
same router i have and i have the same problem with it giving signal out all the time

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2521
my 360 did that same thing. i called xbox and they gave me the code names of the firewalls and i had to call the manufactureer of my modem and have them turn off the firewalls so my xbox would work

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2501
Yea, I destroyed my modem/router. got tired of it and I am not paying for tech support.

Went and got a Motorola modem and Linksys wireless router tonight. Now I am trying to get it meshing good and I will be happy. Wife wasn't though :-(

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2875
my linksys router was starting to crap out on me. internet would just stop working so i had to unplug it for a min to get it back. got a netgear rangemax and see improvements not only with wireless but even on the desktop.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1577
cheap net gears suck, i own the net gear range max but the higer grade the black unit. the rouuter works extreamly well and i run 3 computers 2 laptops on it on average with a ipod touch and a psp at time, add in the 360 also , even with all thty stress i get no issues, the big problem i get is if the battery dies in my moms laptop while shes online it kills my wireless till i reboot the netgear router , otherwise no issues. linksys over the years i've had nothing but issues, i heard if u modify the firmware u can make them great though. idk i think the motorola modems not bad but the linksys router was a bad idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us