Light dimming?

Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
When i get the Alpine type x with the pdx 1.1000 amp installed into my 03 jetta will my lights dim when the bass hits? I was also wondering about rattling... will i need a lot of Dynamat? What are my options for light dimming if it does occur?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1628
with that power id say the gain may be set wrong if not get a high output alt

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
sorry dude i'm a car audio noob, what do you mean the gain may be set wrong? and how much would a high output alternator cost?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2322
disregard P.ricks post... Wait until you get the system installed. No one knows for sure how bad your lights will dim. Your car should be able to handle 1000 wrms with stack alt.

dynamat wouldn't hurt but again i would wait to see how severe the rattles are gonna be.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1388
i with mark, i like the "wait n see" approach.

just wait til everything is installed and then assess the problems, if there are any

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 385
^^^Yup, just wait untill its all installed. Fix problems as they come up.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19715
I'll betcha that Jetta has a small alt and batt. Well maybe not a bet but more like a guess. How you use that 1000w in conjunction with your current charging system will determine any dimming. How many amps is your alt and how big of a battery?

If you can prevent a problem why wait for failure to fix it? Sometimes that's the more expensive route.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 386
Yeah Paul, that's usually the philosophy I go by. But in this case my reasoning was to see for sure where the problem areas are before any more money was spent. There is a slight chance he could get by with stock electrical, those pdx amps are very efficient. And having it installed would give you the chance to see how much of a deadening job you have on your hands without having to guesstimate how much deadening material is going to be needed before hand. Just my .02 though.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19718
"Just my .02 though."

Mine as well.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 921
correct me if im wrong cameryn but i believe its a 90 amp alternator and a 530 CCA battery

Gold Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 1036
Turn your lights off.

Problem solved.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12378
refer to www.bcae1.com for charging system sections about the lights dimming.

as for sound damping, it's a matter of how much you want to spend, and how much time you want to commit to gutting the car to soundproof it.. headliner, floors, door panels, trunk, firewall, etc..
you have a few tools. liquid liners, mat like dynamat and similar, expanding foams, and so forth.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 236
if the trunk rattles put another set of weather stripping down. thats what i did and it worked like a champ. also cut 4 1" pieces of the stripping and put them on the screw points of the tag. i also had to resecure my rear deck cause the factory mounts started to break. those fixes cost $30. thats cheap and easy. it'll keep from sounding like a trashcan getting beat as you drive around. if ur gonna put mat in it do it b4 you install ur system.

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
Thanks for all the input guys, very much appreciated... i think i'll take Mark's approach to it... i'll have the system installed and see where the problems occur... as for the specs on the alt and the battery i will check and get back to you guys on that... thanks again guys this forum has been a huge help so far...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us