FAULTY CLIFFORD???CLIFFORD WONT LET MY CAR START!

Username: Scoobymad

Sunderland

Post Number: 1
hi all, i have a subaru impreza sport wagon with a Clifford Solaris 5 fitted. it was already fitted when i bought the car and has been fine apart from the occasional stalling at traffic lights which i was led to beleive was also down to the clifford (common fault) but on saturday the car died and would not start again! the starter motor would not even engage so i had to get a tow home.
i had an auto electrician look at it and he said it looked like it was down to the immobiliser so he disabled it at the ignition and took it back to factory (left everything else intact on the clifford bar the immobiser) the car then cranked over but still would not fire up so he said he couldnt fix it.
after he left i had a fiddle on with the fob myself and discovered that while sitting in the car, if i locked it by the fob it would actually start then cut straight out again after 2 seconds. i was told by someone that this still could be down to the clifford as they have a built in fuel pump shut off relay so im still no further forward! i have had the fuel pump checked and its working spot on so all i can think of is its still down to the clifford even though the immobiliser has been disabled?... can anyone tell me, if i get the entire clifford system took out, would this cure my problem and would the car then start again! i need it sorted asap as its been off the rd 3 days now and its costing me a fortune in bus fares everyday! by the way, i do not have the valet code, they were not in the car when i bought it so thats not an option for me im afraid! please someone help me get this sorted!!! :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us