Central locking wiring for Honda Civic from LF-Q025A alarm system

Username: Ajent_a

St AlbansUK

Post Number: 1
I have recently bought alarm system LF-Q025A for my 1996 5 door Civic. The car didn't have remote central locking when it was bought, luckily the alarm has a integrated central locking control system.

I have been having trouble connecting the wires correctly as my attempts have left me with 5 blown fuses although I think I have been following the instructions correctly.

The alarm came with three wiring solutions, negative trigger, positive trigger, and positive negative trigger as shown on the pictures.

Upload

Upload

Upload

According to my Haynes manual for my Civic the wiring should be like this, however I don't know whether the car came with a remote originally therefore whether it has a remote receiver.

Upload
141: Central locking control unit
142: Remote Receiver
143: Driver's door lock assembly

I have tried the three wiring solutions, I connected the WHITE and WHITE/BLACK wires from the alarm with RED/WHITE and RED/ BLUE of the drivers door lock (143) on the negative trigger setting and nothing happened, I flipped them around to see if that works but nothing happened. I even connected the alarms white wires the YELLOW/RED and WHITE/RED wires of the actuator, nothing again. No blown fuses on this setting.

I have repeated the exact same trials process as above on the positive and also the positive/negative trigger setting without avail. This time however I can here some movement on the actuator when clicking the UNLOCK button but not actually unlocking the doors, and when clicking the LOCK button the ended up blowing up the 10amp fuses.

Can someone please advise me what to do as I'm lost of ideas on what to do now, thanks in advance.

Username: Stretch69

Post Number: 1
Hey,
Did you ever find an answer for this as I am having the same problems with my Civic and Toad alarm?

Username: Ajent_a

St AlbansUK

Post Number: 2
Unfortunately none of those wiring worked with the factory actuator motor, I enquired at an alarm shop, they said Hondas are usually complicated and its best to buy a separate actuator and wire it according to the third diagram. so that's what I did, I know its sort of going the long way around but it was the only way I could make it work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us