Box for 2 Type-R 10's

Username: Lnhiv

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 8
So I just got a second SWR-1042D, and I need to build a new box.

I was thinking 3.5 cu ft ported box tuned to 32hz, and I really just want some input on the subject...possibly larger/smaller box, different tuning frequency, that kind of stuff. Btw, the pair will be receiving about 1400 watts.

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 9
bump...any suggestions or input?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14693
havent worked with the 10s so most i can suggest is that u go with their biggest rec ported specs tuned low 30s ...

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 10
ok, thank you...I played around some more and I think I've decided on 3 cu ft tuned to 32 hz.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14695
that looks decent - u can tune 33-34hz if u want it to get louder ...

Bronze Member

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 11
Ok, well after designing this thing for the past hour, I couldn't make the 3 cu ft box work the way I wanted and look the way I wanted. So I went to a 4 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz because of size restrictions (kinda funny that they made the box bigger).

Anyways, doing this allowed me to fit everything on the back of the box, along with enough clearance for the rear strut bar that I'm about to purchase, and allowed me to put the port in the middle like I wanted.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14704
cool

show us some pix of the build & how it sounds ...

Bronze Member

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 12
Will do...I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna paint it or carpet it yet. I'll be starting cutting tomorrow and will hopefully have it done in the next week...school takes precedence unfortunately.

Bronze Member

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 13
well, its done and in...had to cut and bend a brace for my rear package tray to get it to fit, but it was worth it :-)

It hits hard enough to hurt and make my body itch. My neighbor told me that after the initial tuning the colors on his projection tv were misaligned, and I've been banned from tuning at my house due to my roommate complaining, lol. I'm slowly tweaking the crossover freq's cause it's muddy with bass guitar chords, but it sounds amazing with any type of bass music.

I want to see what it hits on a meter now...

Here's the box:

The trunk arms literally slide along the carpeting, lol
Upload

Ignore the wiring mess, it'll be cleaned up later this week...you can see on the right side where I had to cut and bend the bracket.
Upload

Box in progress...that ruler is 2 feet long :-)
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us